May 21st, 2013 12:29 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Antoine Pettway, Butch Jones, LSU, SEC, Wes Lunt, Yemi Makanjuola
1. LSU coach Les Miles will go Destin next week with a message on banning permanent opposite division rivals. “The most important thing the conference has to do is pick a champion in a fair, straightforward way.”
2. Former Arkansas quarterback Brandon Mitchell will play his final season at North Carolina State. ”Bottom line is I want to win, and I want to win now.”
3. Alabama receiver Danny Woodson, Jr. transferring to South Alabama. Former four-star recruit was suspended for violation of team rules during the spring.
4. Why is former Oklahoma State quarterback Wes Lunt being restricted from transferring to certain schools, including Tennessee and Vanderbilt? One reason – ”The belief that at least some coaches at some interested schools improperly contacted Lunt.” MrSEC weighed in on transfer limits Monday.
7. A look at freshman Evan Engram and the tight end position at Ole Miss. Rebels don’t return a scholarship player to the roster from the tight end spot.
8. LSU defensive coordinator John Chavis on a defense that lost seven starters. “We’re not afraid to play freshmen. We’ll do everything we can to get our best 11 on the field.”
9. In Auburn’s new defensive alignment, only two linebackers will be on the field. They will have to cover a lot of ground.
10. Tennessee sports publicist Gus Manning on coach Butch Jones: “I’ve been here for 11 football coaches. Butch Jones is the best public-relations man of all of them.”
11. Remember that Alabama BCS trophy that was accidentally shattered? Broken trophy fetched $105,000 at an auction.
12. Rimington Trophy watch list includes nine SEC centers.
13. Do you realize college football kicks off in exactly 100 days from now? Here’s an SEC checklist.
14. ESPN’s Ted Miller on why so many predictions about college football this fall will be completely wrong.
15. Florida wins the SEC All-Sports Trophy for the 23rd time.
16. Georgia A.D. Greg McGarity has made four head coaching moves in the athletic program since he was hired. Latest move was firing the baseball coach.
17. Towson A.D. Michael Waddell joining the athletic department at Arkansas.
18. Jon Solomon on the Ed O’Bannon lawsuit: “Collegiate Licensing Company had licensing agreements with more than 80 former college athletes from 1995 to 2010.”
19. Stewart Mandel projects how the bowls will lineup for college football’s major conferences in future years.
20. Mountain West Commissioner doesn’t think college football playoffs will stay at four teams.
21. Dan Mullen and Urban Meyer - Parrotheads?
22. Interview with former Alabama and Texas A&M coach Dennis Franchione: “We had a lot of great memories of Alabama and the fans and that program. I wish it could have been under different circumstances.”
23. Former Baylor player Deuce Bello transferring to Missouri. Will have two years of eligibility after sitting out this next season. Sixth Division I transfer to join MU’s program since Frank Haith arrived two years ago.
24. Staff moves announced Monday at Alabama include Antoine Pettway promoted to assistant coach. Team also getting new strength and conditioning coach.
25. Former Tennessee center Yemi Makanjuola enrolls at UNC Wilmington.
27. Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will play his senior year at Kansas.
29. The 20 types of unhappy sports fans. I think I’ve done about 14 of these.
|Post Comments »||One Comment|