January 12th, 2012 12:16 PM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Tags: Jeremy Shelley, LSU, Reggie Johnson, Washington Doug Nuessmeier
1. Alabama kicker Jeremy Shelley finds redemption.
2. Washington’s Doug Nuessmeier has been mentioned in connection with Bama’s O-coordinator job.
3. Gene Chizik got his top choice for Auburn’s new defensive coordinator. (Coaches always say that, of course.)
3. VanGorder’s now gonna focus on recruiting for the Tigers. (Dude’s got some jet black hair to be 52.)
4. Arkansas linebackers coach Reggie Johnson will be leaving to join Garrick McGee’s UAB staff.
5. So who voted LSU #1 in the AP Poll?
6. The Tigers have lost an assistant coach and could lose some underclassmen to the NFL.
7. LSU won’t have its own brand of beer after all. Just another disappointment for all those Cajuns and Creoles.
8. Mississippi State will try to bounce back from a loss to Arkansas when it hosts Tennessee tonight.
9. MSU has placed a big ol’ “PLAY WITH THE BEST” billboard in Oxford.
10. Including last night’s win, Ole Miss has dominated Arkansas of late.
11. The Rebels failed to hit a 3-pointer last night for the first time since 1994. (That’s 548 games.)
12. Hugh Freeze is bringing in Dan Werner to share co-offensive coordinator duties with Matt Luke.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|