November 2nd, 2011 01:56 PM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Tags: Injured Vol, Justin Worley, Kevin Stallings, Two Auburn
1. Tennessee coaches like Justin Worley’s ability to throw the deep ball.
2. Injured Vol linebacker Herman Lathers is back at practice, but he’s still not ready to play.
3. Vanderbilt’s trick-play offense is no joke.
4. Kevin Stallings will be leaning on this three point guards early this basketball season.
5. Two Auburn basketball players have been indefinitely suspended due to violations of team rules.
6. But the Tigers still won their exhibition opener last night.
7. Tight end Chris Gragg is becoming a bigger part of Arkansas’ offense.
8. This writer hopes Arkansas can replace South Carolina with Missouri on its schedule. (We still think Mizzou is likely to ask for Texas A&M as its permanent rival for recruiting reasons.)
9. Ole Miss might put two true freshmen into its defensive line-up on Saturday.
10. A win over Kentucky wouldn’t cure all that ails in Oxford, but it would sure alleviate some pain in the short run.
11. How’s this for a stat: MSU is averaging 204 passing yards per game… and that’s the best average for the Bulldogs in eight seasons. (State fan: “What is this forward pass concept, of which you speak?”)
12. Still, Dan Mullen says Tyler Russell has no advantage in the battle for the Bulldogs’ starting spot in 2012.
13. Nick Bell — the Mississippi State player who passed away last fall — has not been forgotten in Starkville.
|Post Comments »||Comments (3)|