July 27th, 2013 11:19 AM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Ole Miss, Tide, Tony Stevens
1. Recruit to Alabama fan: ”I’m not here to make you happy.”
2. Alabama’s punishment for director of football operations Joe Pannunzio for his role in the Miami scandal included one year with no salary increase or contract extension.
3. With Jabo Lee not coming to Tennessee, the Vols will enter the fall with just four scholarship backs. Preferred walk-on freshman quarterback Charlie High is leaving Tennessee for Tennessee Tech.
4. Bret Bielema vs. Gus Malzahn: “Irresistible force, meet the immovable object.”
5. Kentucky coach Mark Stoops: “We’re not messing around. We’re here to recruit the best players in the country.”
6. Texas fan tries to ask Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin a question at an Aggies Boosters event. Also asked about NFL rumors. “I love it here. You guys know that.”
7. With Kolton Houston finally eligible at Georgia, Chip Towers says it’s time to give coach Mark Richt some credit. “Would Nick Saban have kept a spot for Houston on the Crimson Tide’s roster for 3½ years?”
8. Why did Vanderbilt coach James Franklin decide to jump off a cliff into a lake?
9. The NFL has drafted an LSU defensive back seven straight years. Safety Craig Loston will likely make it eight.
10. 95-percent of the wide receiver production returning at Alabama.
11. Tony Stevens is one of three true freshmen competing for playing time at wide receiver this year at Auburn.
12. Tommy Tuberville’s son, Tucker, will be reunited this fall at Auburn with former Texas Tech defensive end Chase Robison.
13. Jadeveon Clowney gets the attention on the South Carolina defense, but the Gamecocks will also be breaking in new starters at seven defensive positions.
14. Florida coach Will Muschamp on quarterback Jeff Driskel: He understands what we’re doing offensively much better than a year ago, which is expected.”
15. Practice at Ole Miss will be open to the public the week of August 5.
16. Practice at Arkansas starts on August 5 and Razorback coaches say they’re ready.
16. Georgia will open SEC play at Missouri. Bulldogs will face Florida, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Alabama and Tennessee only once.
17. Former Auburn guard Shaq Johnson is transferring to Northwest Florida State.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|