October 30th, 2010 02:20 AM║ Posted By: MrSEC.com ║ Permalink
Tags: Georgia, Georgia Florida, Lindsay Scott, Tim Groves
Content provided by Swamp Things – Gators Blog.
Florida's Urban Meyer was glad to beat Georgia last season. Can his struggling Gators do it again? (Orlando Sentinel photo)
Kickoff for the World’s Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party – yes, we’re calling it that, even if the schools and city of Jacksonville don’t want us to – is less than 24 hours away. Let’s take a look at the stories leading into the Florida-Georgia rivalry game:
1. 30 years later, Georgia’s Lindsay Scott still torments Gators, Mike Bianchi, Orlando Sentinel
The buzz: Scott’s 92-yard touchdown still haunts Tim Groves, who failed to chase down Scott.
2. Individual short-yardage stats: Jeff Demps great, Trey Burton good, Emmanuel Moody struggling, Jason Lieser, The Palm Beach Post
The buzz: The Gators are doing well converting short-yardage situations, and some are doing better than others.
3. Georgia-Florida game needs a name, and a trophy, Michael DiRocco, The Florida Times-Union
The buzz: For all its history and tradition, the Georgia-Florida game lacks an official name and the hardware that other big-time rivalry games have.
4. Dogs 3-17 in past 20 meetings but favored in this one, Tim Tucker, Atlanta Journal-Constitution
The buzz: A preview of the game from the Bulldogs’ side.
5. Despite rough starts, rivalry still has big effect in East, Marc Weiszer, Athens Banner-Herald
The buzz: Saturday’s game has big division implications despite the teams’ records.
6. Murray set to face former suitor, Seth Emerson, Macon Telegraph
The buzz: Bulldogs QB Aaron Murray, a Tampa native, was recruited by Florida.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|