SEC East Football
1. Here’s a look at Florida’s five biggest games of the year.
2. Would Gator fans buy more tickets if UF’s home schedule was better?
3. Georgia AD Greg McGarity thinks the SEC’s future football schedules will be revealed “later this fall,” but he’s “not certain when.”
4. UGA is once again looking for answers on the offensive line.
5. “Drumbeats of doom getting louder around UK football.” Yikes.
6. One Lexington projection for Kentucky’s record: Try 4-8.
7. South Carolina has released its depth chart for Thursday’s opener with Vanderbilt.
8. Sheldon Royster — once a highly-rated safety prospect — has left USC and intends to transfer.
9. NC State’s talented secondary makes the loss of Da’Rick Rogers a bigger concern for Tennessee.
10. On Thursday night, will folks in Nashville head to Vandy’s opener with South Carolina or to the Tennessee Titans final preseason game?
11. Missouri begins writing a new chapter in its football history this week.
SEC West Football
12. Alabama will open the season in Arlington in a building that is “more of a sports and entertainment venue and an architectural icon” than stadium.
13. Three-fifths of Auburn’s starting offensive line will be inexperienced when the Tigers open against Clemson.
14. Bobby Petrino’s departure “could set mythic tone for Razorbacks’ season.”
15. Les Miles on LSU freshman: “It’s about this year… if they can make us better, we want them to contribute.”
16. With injuries at tailback, Alfred Blue is making his move in Baton Rouge.
17. New receivers coach Tim Brewster — the former head coach at Minnesota — is bringing new fire to Mississippi State’s coaching staff.
18. Dillon Day is entrenched as the Bulldogs’ starting center.
19. At Ole Miss, it’s all about the buy-in to Hugh Freeze new system.
20. Converted Rebel defensive end EJ Epperson is “one of those blue-collar, hardcore workers who’s going to play his rear end off and give you the best he can every snap.”
21. Tropical Storm/Hurricane Isaac could rain on Texas A&M’s Thursday night opener in Shreveport. (Only about 25,000 tickets have been sold for the game so far. Brutal.)
22. Both schools are tracking the storm closely.
23. Can anyone end the SEC’s football dynasty?
24. ESPN’s making SEC bowl projections. Already.
25. The mother of Dallas Lee (Georgia) and Dillon Lee (Alabama) is glad this year’s Tide-Dawgs matchup was 86′d.