January 24th, 2012 02:27 PM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Tags: Arkansas Marvell Waithe, Kirby Smart, Murphy Holloway, Teammate Arnett Moultrie
1. Some players may be leaving, but the most important piece to Alabama’s defense — D-coordinator Kirby Smart — is returning.
2. Gene Chizik isn’t the first coach to kick the tires of new offensive coordinator Scot Loeffler.
3. Loeffer’s first order of business is developing a quarterback at Auburn.
4. Arkansas’ Marvell Waithe is doubtful for Wednesday’s game with a calf injury.
5. On the plus side, freshman BJ Young appears to okay after being injured on a flagrant foul during the Hogs’ upset of Michigan.
6. If Johnny O’Bryant’s injured hand is cleared by doctors today, Trent Johnson says he’ll be in the lineup when LSU faces MSU tomorrow.
7. Ole Miss will need an effective, healthy Murphy Holloway moving forward.
8. Mississippi State’s Jalen Steele “was blacking out” as he nailed four-straight 3-pointers against Vanderbilt on Saturday.
9. Renardo Sidney is showing flashes of good play. (Teammate Arnett Moultrie said, “We’re just glad to finally see change.”)
10. Receiver Michael Carr has rejoined the Bulldog football team.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|