June 29th, 2011 12:09 PM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Tags: Nathan Stanley, Southeastern Louisiana, Tatonka Gold, UM
1. This writer says college athletes need to think before they tweet. (Because college kids are well known for thinking before they act.)
2. Former Mississippi State mascot Tatonka Gold — better known as Bully XX — was euthanized yesterday. (Not as much fanfare as when an Uga passes, no?)
3. Louisiana Tech will pay $300,000 to back out of game with MSU. That leaves State looking for another FBS foe to add to its 2012 schedule.
3. Freshman defensive back Senquez Golson will be attending summer school at Ole Miss as promised.
4. Has the “cycle of mediocrity” runs its course in Oxford?
5. Looks like former UM quarterback Nathan Stanley — repeatedly pushed aside in favor of transfers — will himself transfer to Southeastern Louisiana.
|Post Comments »||One Comment|