March 30th, 2012 01:07 PM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Tags: Da Rick Rogers, Receiver Donte Moncrief, Reese Dismukes, Student Appeciation Day
Quickies on the headline front today…
1. The NCAA could create a separate model of governance for Division I programs. (A wise first step, but not even all D-I schools are created equally.)
2. Auburn center Reese Dismukes is adjusting to have the quarterback right behind him, rather than in the shotgun.
3. This writer says Alabama and Florida are among the nation’s best football/basketball combo schools.
4. Arkansas is ready for its first spring scrimmage.
5. Les Miles was happy with “Student Appeciation Day” during LSU’s final spring practice.
6. Receiver Donte Moncrief has been an early plus for Ole Miss this spring.
7. Mississippi State has depth to spare at linebacker.
8. Here’s a spring preview for Texas A&M.
9. And here’s a position-by-position look at Florida this spring.
10. Clemson’s AD now says he’s hopeful his school’s football games with Georgia will be played in 2013 and 2014 as scheduled.
11. Malcolm Mitchell is now back to working with the wideouts at UGA.
12. Brandon Shell looks to be South Carolina’s left tackle this fall.
13. This writer says it’s time for Da’Rick Rogers to shape up or ship out from Tennessee.
14. James Franklin says Jordan Rodgers is “much more comfortable” than Vanderbilt’s other quarterbacks this spring.
15. Missouri’s Frank Haith has been named the AP’s Coach of the Year.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|