April 22nd, 2011 11:08 AM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Tags: Colonel Reb, Houston Nutt, Mark Richt, State Chris Relf
1. Some Ole Miss fans are still whining and crying and pouting about the demise of their long dead mascot, Colonel Reb. If you’re an adult worried about the stuffed suit a glorified cheerleader wears… it’s time to grow up.
2. Houston Nutt thinks UM’s defense will be better this year.
3. Dan Mullen refuses to talk about his players’ injuries. Which is why the media should ask him to refute every nonsensical injury rumor on the web until he’s maroon in the face. What a ridiculous policy for a football coach to implement.
4. Here’s a look at MSU’s post-spring special teams depth chart.
5. Any list that includes State’s Chris Relf as a potential Heisman winner is a goofy, frickin’ list. (Relf improved last year. But the Heisman? Mullen’s not even willing to name him his starter yet.)
6. A self-reported rules violation cost Florida’s basketball program two recruiting visits during the 2010-11 academic year.
7. Are Florida State fans more excited about football than Florida fans? Or is this blog post simply designed to fill space and kill time?
8. Mark Richt is happy with the hire of new offensive line coach Will Friend. (Sidenote… came thisclose to missing a typo that put a J where the N in “new” belongs. Guessing I’d have really gotten some ugly comments/emails over that one. Glad I caught it.)
|Post Comments »||No Comments|