January 16th, 2014 12:30 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Auburn, Greg Robinson, Les Koenning, Mississippi State, NFL, Sports Business, Trooper Taylor, Vandy
1. Alabama defensive backs coach Greg Brown reportedly stepping down. Alabama makes hiring of new defensive line coach Bo Davis official.
2. New Georgia defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt has a new three-year deal expected to be worth $850,000 annually. ”Where the Bulldogs’ defense could benefit most is in the secondary.”
3. New Florida offensive line coach Mike Summers has 34 years of college and NFL coaching experience.
4. New LSU offensive line coach Jeff Grimes coached the o-line at Auburn from 2009 to 2012. Former LSU All-American lineman Kevin Mawae wanted the job.
5. Former Auburn and Tennessee assistant Trooper Taylor is now the cornerbacks coach at Arkansas State.
6. James Franklinthanks Vanderbilt fans with a newspaper ad.
*** Trustees make South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier’s pay raise official. Coaching staff also gets raises and contract extensions through 2015. ***
7. Vanderbilt investigation finds insufficient evidence against one of the former football players charged in the rape case.
8. Athlon makes some early predictions for 2014. Are Alabama and Georgia the favorites this fall?
9. Texas A&M offensive lineman Cedric Ogbuehi is 6-feet-5 inches tall and 300 pounds and reportedly ran a 4.7-second 40-yard dash.
10. Is Tennessee quarterback Riley Ferguson poised for a 2014 breakout season?
11. Boston College confirms that two former Florida players - quarterback Tyler Murphy and lineman Ian Silberman – are enrolled at the school.
13. Could Texas A&M players be the first two picks of the 2014 draft?
14. Auburn tackle Greg Robinson expected to go early, according to ESPN’s Mel Kiper.
15. Mississippi State middle linebacker Benardrick McKinney says he’s coming back for another season. Redshirt sophomore had projected as mid-first round selection.
16. Missouri at Vanderbilt. Why free throws could be the difference in this one. Vandy’s free-throw percentage worst in the league.
17. Where were Arkansas security guards after the game against Kentucky Tuesday night?
18. Sports apparel contracts are worth at $3 million or more annually to at least 14 universities. Biggest SEC deals belong to LSU and Alabama.
|Post Comments »||Comments (44)|