March 23rd, 2012 01:00 PM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Tags: Andy Kennedy, John Calipari, Spencer Ware, UAB
1. Here are some first impressions from Day One of Auburn’s spring drills.
2. Two new coordinators are giving the Tigers a different look.
3. Mike Anderson wants his Arkansas basketball team to be tougher next year (and he hopes a trip to Italy will help).
4. The UAB football program hired an Arkansas assistant for its head coach this offseason… and now Arkansas hoops assistant TJ Cleveland is in the mix for UAB’s open basketball job.
5. A lighter Spencer Ware is part of a crowded backfield at LSU.
6. This writer believes Andy Kennedy would be a smart choice for UAB.
7. Kennedy’s new boss — at least for now — is Ole Miss AD Ross Bjork who was introduced yesterday in Oxford…
8. And none other than Archie Manning called for the Rebel fanbase to unite behind him.
9. UM also has quite a few questions to answer on the football front as spring practice opens today.
10. Mississippi State’s Arnett Moultrie will announce his NBA decision on Monday.
11. Florida wants to create more turnovers on defense in Will Muschamp’s second year.
12. New offensive coordinator Brent Pease likes what he’s seen from wideout Quinton Dunbar.
13. Backup quarterback Hutson Mason is happy he didn’t transfer from Georgia.
14. Mark Richt thinks O-lineman Kolton Houston — sidelined all last year with an “NCAA issue — will be eligible to play this fall.
15. John Calipari and Tom Crean — buddies off the court — will battle for a spot in the Elite Eight tonight when Kentucky and Indiana meet.
16. Forbes Magazine says John Calipari is the most overpaid college basketball coach in America.
17. So is Michael Kidd-Gilchrist going pro or not?
18. Tailback Kenny Miles is looking good this spring, but he’s still not told South Carolina coaches if he’ll definitely play ball this fall.
19. Ohio’s DJ Cooper — who along with his parents claimed last week that ex-Tennessee coach Bruce Pearl was one of several coaches who tried to lure him into a transfer — has now backtracked completely.
20. There’s now optimism in the UT basketball program under Cuonzo Martin.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|