June 4th, 2011 05:56 AM║ Posted By: MrSEC.com ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Tags: Andy Staples Hopefully, Key West, SEC, Small State University
SEC Meetings Wrap
2. Jeff Schultz: “The SEC, as the highest-profile college football conference in the nation, had a chance to make a loud statement at its meetings this week. It kind of wimped out.”
3. Andy Staples: “Hopefully, the SEC will remain the only league dumb enough to wipe from the books the only rule in the NCAA that actually provides a positive incentive for athletes.”
4. Jon Solomon: “In a rare moment, the suits in the SEC can boast they aren’t puppets of the jocks.”
5. John Adams: “But if (the rest of college football) doesn’t go along, the conference has put itself at a competitive disadvantage.”
6. Conference eliminates non-scholastic 7-on-7 camps.
8. SEC Championship Game broadcast time announced.
9. David Climer on the Steve Spurrier plan to pay athletes: “I’m just not sure the track coach at Small State University, who’s already working a second job to make ends meet, is going to be quite as benevolent.”
10. The impact freshmen of the SEC East.
11. While waiting for his next coaching gig, Mike Leach hangs out in Key West, Florida.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|