March 19th, 2014 12:30 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Auburn, Bruce Pearl, Evan Boehm, Georgia, Germain Ifedi, Louis Rams, NIT, Shawn Smith, South Carolina
1. Why is former Texas A&M defensive end Damontre Moore lashing out at the Aggies athletic administration?
2. Spring practice gets underway today at Florida with a focus on the offense and new coordinator Kurt Roper.
4. Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen appreciates having some depth at quarterback this spring. Bulldogs kicked off spring practice Tuesday.
5. Concern at LSU? Tigers backfield lacks depth.
6. Those four Georgia players charged with multiple counts of theft by deception on Monday were back on the practice field Tuesday but Mark Richt not ruling out any dismissals. Bulldogs potential national title contender in 2014?
7. Plenty of new faces and new roles along Missouri’s offensive line but center Evan Boehm will be the anchor in the middle. Is Tigers running back Russell Hansbrough one of the players poised for a breakout season?
8. Vanderbilt redshirt freshman C.J. Duncan is changing positions.
9. Germain Ifedi started every game at right guard for Texas A&M last fall.He could wind up playing tackle this fall.
10. Linebacker Trey DePriest will be a leader of the Alabama defense.
11. Auburn safety Trent Fisher, son of St. Louis Rams coach Jeff Fisher, may no longer be on the team.
12. South Carolina sophomore Jamari Smith trying to get the jump on five freshmen cornerbacks who will join the program this summer. A couple of South Carolina linebackers undergo arthroscopic surgeries.
13. Arkansas had to replace three assistant coaches in the offseason - but none of the changes came on the offensive staff.
14. Tennessee football is on spring break this week but here’s an updated look at the depth charts.
Bruce Pearl to Auburn reaction
15. Auburn’s new basketball coach meets the media. ”When I made the mistakes that I made at Tennessee, I let a lot of people down.” Pearl gets six-year deal worth $2.2 million annually.
16. Pearl turned 54 Tuesday. “Happy belated birthday, Bruce Almighty. Or should that now be Bruce Au-mighty?”
17. Pearl believes the hiring had the blessing of SEC Commissioner Mike Slive: ”I’m sure I wouldn’t be getting this second chance unless it met with his approval.”
18. “He will be a catalyst for change in the league, to the delight of commissioner Mike Slive.”
20. Kevin Scarbinsky: ‘A popular analogy already has started making the rounds...Pearl will be to (Anthony) Grant as Nick Saban was to Tommy Tuberville.
21. Paul Finebaum: (Alabama A.D. Bill Battle) “woke up today and found out his worst nightmare – at least from a basketball standpoint — has come true.”
22. Mike DeCourcy: “How many active coaches are better? Let’s just say they could all probably fit in one clown car.”
23. Tennessee meets Iowa tonight. Vols are 0-2 in NCAA Tournament games in Dayton, Ohio.
24. The 13-year old son of Iowa coach Fran McCaffery will have surgery to remove a thyroid tumor just hours before tonight’s tipoff. Update: “Today’s surgery for my son Patrick went as planned.”
25. Georgia hosts Vermont tonight in the NIT. Bulldogs going for their 20th win of the season.
26. LSU travels to San Francisco to meet the Dons tonight in NIT action.
27. Texas A&M plays Wyoming tonight in the CBI Tournament. Coach Billy Kennedy: ”Our guys have been good in practice, and it helps us more for next year more than anything, just playing another game, and practicing helps for the future.”
28. Freshman guard Shawn Smith still not with the Aggies.
29. With a win Tuesday night, Albany gets to play Florida in the first round. Trivia question: Know their team nickname?
30. The President has Florida in his Final Four but picks Michigan State to win it all.
31. Florida Center Patric Young wants to become a minister after basketball.
33. Here’s a look at the rings given to Florida State players and coaches for winning the BCS title.
34. Actor Vince Vaughn pays $6.5 million for Lane Kiffin’s California home.
|Post Comments »||Comments (12)|