October 17th, 2012 12:29 PM║ Posted By: MrSEC.com ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Missouri Tigers, Scott Loeffler, Tony Barnhart
1. Florida is averaging just 145 passing yards per game – last in the SEC. Quarterback Jeff Driskel: “If you’re winning, everything’s all right.”
2. Steve Spurrier: “I hope the Gators finish second in the East. That would be a good season for them.”
3. More Spurrier: “We’re going to try to get the ball to Marcus Lattimore more than we did last week.”
4. Battling a sprained ankle, Georgia linebacker Jarvis Jones is not a sure thing to play against Kentucky.
5. Jeff Schultz on Georgia’s defense: “Are players thinking more about the next level than the next game?”
6. Tennessee offensive lineman Antonio Richardson: “We’ve lost three SEC games, and in my opinion I think we were better than all three of them.”
7. Kentucky has been outscored 152-38 in SEC play.
8. Three freshman making a big impact at Vanderbilt this year.
9. A bye week comes at a good time for the 3-4 Missouri Tigers. Gary Pinkel: “It’s a good time to get a break.”
10. Is Johnny Manziel one game away from joining the Heisman race?
11. Kevin Scarbinsky on the A&M quarterback: Johnny Football. Not Cam Newton 2.0.
12. Due to concussions and recurring headaches, Texas A&M safety Steven Campbell has decided to end his career.
13. Tennessee’s offense will be the biggest challenge Alabama’s defense has faced this year.
14. Alabama’s midseason report card? “This should scare future opponents: There still is room for improvement.”
16. Auburn’s defensive tackle Gaby Wright: “1-5, let’s face it. It sucks. But the absolute truth is, we’ve got guys talking about firing coaches, and the truth is it’s a battle.”
17. Is Auburn offensive coordinator Scott Loeffler up to the task?
18. LSU’s leading tackler at linebacker had 64 tackles last year. Kevin Minter has 63 through seven games this year.
19. Steve Spurrier wasn’t yelling at LSU defensive tackle Bennie Logan Saturday – he was yelling at the refs.
20. What’s changed at Arkansas? Offensive coordinator Paul Petrino: “The only thing that was really different between Rutgers and A&M and the last two weeks is we didn’t hurt ourselves.”
21. Razorbacks tight end Chris Gragg returned to the practice field Tuesday.
22. How Arkansas AD Jeff Long has put several other schools on the clock.
23. Once described by his coach as “all boy”, Bo Wallace is maturing at quarterback for Ole Miss.
24. Welcome to the new SEC – where the running game rules.
26. Tony Barnhart calls Arkansas, Auburn and Missouri major disappointments.
27. A hearing Wednesday in the NCAA lawsuit will focus on an economist’s calculations of how players and colleges could share revenue.
29. The Ole Miss basketball team looks deeper and more diverse this year.
30. Arkansas forward Marshawn Powell says he’s “95 percent” recovered from a season-ending knee injury.
31. At 30:1 odds,, are the Missouri Tigers a steal?
32. The new drug of choice for athletes.
|Post Comments »||One Comment|