September 28th, 2011 12:40 PM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Tags: Safety Bacarri Rambo, Stephen Garcia, UGA, UK
As we put together some research for a new round of expansion pieces, this will have to be a headline-heavy day on the site. (Sorry, but I’m tired of doing research and writing til 2am.)
So here goes with some of the top stories making news around the league today:
1. Here’s the transcript from yesterday’s conference call with Mike Slive and Texas A&M president R. Bowen Loftin.
2. Florida’s Charlie Weis is ready to throw the “kitchen sink” at Alabama on Saturday.
3. The Gators have confidence they can run on the Tide.
4. But Bama’s had success against Chris Rainey and Jeff Demps in the past.
5. Last year’s loss to MSU still haunts Georgia.
6. UGA is focusing on special teams work after a bad day at Ole Miss.
7. Safety Bacarri Rambo played against the Rebels after losing an unborn son just two days prior.
8. Florida’s “lightning hit the outhouse” last week, but now Kentucky fans an LSU team that wants “to bloody your nose.”
9. UK fans are already lining up for tickets to the school’s Big Blue Madness basketball event.
10. Stephen Garcia will get the start at quarterback for South Carolina this weekend.
11. The Carolina defense feels it’s up to stopping Auburn’s Mike Dyer.
12. The guys on Tennessee’s offense aren’t taking Buffalo lightly.
13. Freshman linebacker Curt Maggitt is making plays and some mistakes for the Vols.
14. Ex-Tennessee coach Bruce Pearl may still be living in style, but the former aides who followed him down the road to ruin aren’t nearly as well off. (A sad story.)
15. Vanderbilt has lost starting linebacker Tristan Strong for the remainder of the season due to a knee injury. (Another sad story.)
|Post Comments »||Comments (12)|