August 15th, 2011 04:14 PM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Tags: Apparently Vol, Renaldo Woolridge, Rupp Arean, World University Games
1. Kentucky hoopster Darius Miller scored 8 points and grabbed 5 boards for Team USA in the World University Games today.
2. Past UK basketball stars are excited about returning to Rupp Arean for a game against John Calipari’s Dominican Republic national team.
(Does anybody in Lexington know that it’s actually football season right now?)
3. Playboy ranks South Carolina #8 in the nation and tabs Steve Spurrier as the preseason Coach of the Year.
4. Bruce Ellington is making a seamless transition from basketball to football in Columbia.
5. This Charleston columnist predicts a 12-0 regular season record for the Gamecocks. No. Really.
6. Tennessee fans are starting to become more optimistic.
7. True freshman linebacker Curt Maggitt is turning heads in Knoxville.
8. Apparently Vol basketball player Renaldo Woolridge isn’t giving up his rap career after all.
9. Some undersized Vanderbilt running backs are gaining attention for themselves in practice.
10. Vandy’s John Jenkins set a record for made 3-pointers in Team USA’s win yesterday in the World University Games.
|Post Comments »||Comments (2)|