April 26th, 2013 12:29 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Anthony Grant Grant, Auburn, Johnny Manziel, NFL, Roger Goodell, SEC
2. Why is the NFL so lukewarm on Barrett Jones?
3. Former LSU cornerback Tharold Simon reportedly arrested Thursday night – projected as a mid-round pick.
4. Do character concerns explain why Sharrif Floyd dropped last night?
5. It was Tennessee coach Butch Jones who discovered Eric Fisher – the No. 1 overall pick of the draft – and recruited him to Central Michigan.
6. 32 of the last 96 first-round picks in the NFL draft have come out of the SEC.
7. The MrSEC breakdown of this year’s first-round SEC talent.
8. No Arkansas players taken in the first round but as many as six Razorbacks could get drafted this weekend.
9. Mississippi State has three potential late-round picks.
10. Former Alabama and now San Diego Chargers lineman D.J. Fluker on a controversial tweet earlier this week: ”I had nothing to do with it. My agent took care of it.”
11. Johnny Manziel sends congratulations to his former offensive tackle Luke Joeckel – taken second overall last night by Jacksonville.
12. Manziel is one of five SEC players on this Heisman Trophy Watch List.
13. Auburn defensive coordinator Ellis Johnson on depth along his defensive line. “It’s also going to help us practice more physically each day.”
14. Answers to five questions about Auburn’s spring.
15. Tennessee’s new senior associate AD in charge of football is Mike Vollmar – previous work experience includes a stint at Alabama.
16. Outgoing Georgia president Michael Adams doesn’t like the idea of an extra division in college sports - thinks the “have nots” belong in the same division as the power five conferences. “My view is they still belong.”
17. Heather Mason relieved of her duties as associate strength and conditioning coach at Tennessee. She was one of three plaintiffs in a lawsuit filed against the university.
18. Felony gun charges dropped against former Georgia running back Isaiah Crowell.
19. Emails, the NCAA, and concerns over video-game images.
20. The NCAA is facing 15 pending lawsuits.
21. Kevin Scarbinsky on what Trevor Lacy’s transfer means for coach Anthony Grant: “Grant will enter his fifth season at Alabama squarely on the hot seat.”
22. Coach Mark Fox talks Georgia basketball.
23. About 300 players across college basketball have announced plans to transfer.
24. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell’s rules for hugging – just don’t break a rib.
25. Best players still available in the draft.
26. JaMarcus Russell -” the biggest draft bust in NFL history, surpassing even Ryan Leaf.”
27. Digger Phelps diagnosed with bladder cancer.
28. Rick Pitino gets his tattoo.
29. RIP George Jones. Country music legend dead at the age of 81.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|