July 5th, 2013 11:30 AM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Auburn, Bill Schmidt, CEO, Linebacker Avery Williamson, Michael Jordan, Robert Hubbs, SEC, South Carolina Kentucky, Steve Addazio
1. Question asked at Vanderbilt after four players have been dismissed from the team: “Is this what winning football includes?”
2. SEC shifting styles? “Blame it on Texas A&M, Missouri, Ole Miss, Auburn and Tennessee…”
3. ESPN’s Brock Huard on what one defensive coordinator told him about Johnny Manziel: “He thinks he has a bull’s eye on him this offseason. That target will get bigger through the season.”
4. What does South Carolina need from running back Mike Davis? “To be both durable and productive if the Gamecocks are to have a legitimate offense.”
5. Linebacker Avery Williamson will play a key role in Kentucky’s switch from a 3-4 to a 4-3 defense.
6. One reason to worry about LSU? Tigers lost six players from their defensive line.
7. Tennessee with the best offensive line in the SEC?
8. Missouri had an extra $1 million in unanticipated athletic department travel expenses in its first year in the SEC.
9. Bill Schmidt signed Michael Jordan to be the spokesman for Gatorade and was CEO of Oakley. He also twice applied to be athletic director at Tennessee.
10. Nebraska developing a sideline concussion assessment tool.
11. How former Florida assistant coach Steve Addazio is changing the recruiting culture at Boston College.
12, The hype hasn’t waned at Tennessee for incoming freshman Robert Hubbs.
13. With all the talk about transfers in college basketball, here’s a stat for you. Transfer rate among basketball players – 10% to 11%. Transfer rate for all students – about 33%.
14. Even in July, sideline reporting can be hazardous duty.
|Post Comments »||One Comment|