February 14th, 2012 12:00 PM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Tags: Ole Miss, Philip Lutzenkirchen, Rick Stansbury, SEC
1. Billy Donovan says Florida’s depth situation is “dire” rolling into Alabama.
2. The Gator coach is warning his team it could be NIT bound if it continues to falter.
3. Georgia could still finish 8-8 in the SEC with a red hot finish.
4. John Calipari doesn’t want to talk about the odds of Kentucky finishing SEC play undefeated. (UK has done it twice before… the only two times in league history it’s been done.)
5. South Carolina has spent $150 million in facility upgrades over the last five years.
6. Cuonzo Martin has tried a lot of different player rotations and combinations this season at Tennessee.
7. Martin says he believes his Vols can reach the NCAA tourney by winning out. (The numbers — as posted on the site today — would suggest otherwise.)
8. There’s talk that Maryland quarterback Danny O’Brien might transfer to Vanderbilt, but James Franklin is staying silent on the matter. (Wonder if that means O’Brien’s not a man of honor, not a man of integrity?)
9. It’s not a done deal yet, but dang near everyone in Alabama believes Willie Martinez will be reunited with Brian VanGorder as Auburn’s new secondary coach.
10. Tiger tight end Philip Lutzenkirchen will likely miss spring practice after undergoing shoulder surgery.
11. Backup Arkansas quarterback Brandon Mitchell was ready when his number was called by the Razorback basketball team last weekend.
12. This writer feels it’s time the Hogs give Nolan Richardson a permanent honor at Bud Walton Arena.
13. LSU will try to avenge a close loss in Starkville when MSU visits Baton Rouge tonight.
14. Freshman Johnny O’Bryant continues to come up big for the Purple and Gold.
15. Mississippi State will play four of its next five games on the road.
16. Rick Stansbury wants his Bulldogs to kickstart their defensive efforts.
17. Ole Miss’ search for a new athletic director? Still going.
|Post Comments »||One Comment|