January 3rd, 2014 12:30 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, LSU, Mike Evans, Mississippi State, Rhett Lashlee
1. Blaming AJ? “This defeat rested squarely on the shoulders of Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron.”
2. “Maybe Nick Saban was so depressed that Leonard Fournette committed to LSU that his funk carried over to his team as well.”
3. If Florida State “can’t stand up to Auburn’s running game, it’s going to be a long, sleepless night Monday.”
4. Does anyone play defense anymore? “The over-under for Monday night’s title game, despite Florida State’s nation-leading 11.1 points-per-game allowed, is 67 1/2.”
5. Auburn center Reese Dismukes: “The Harvey Updykes of the world are going to be rooting for Florida State.”
6. What’s the relationship like between Auburn coach Gus Malzahn and offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee? “It’s honestly like a married couple fighting sometimes.”
7. From Tee Martin to Jameis Winston – can the BCS era begin and end with winning quarterbacks from Alabama?
8. “Depth, not just in physical ability but coaching, facilities, support and resources, that has allowed the SEC to distance itself from the competition…”
9. David Climer on the rumors surrounding Vanderbilt coach James Franklin: “Wouldn’t you rather have a coach that other programs are interested in than a coach whose phone never rings?”
10. Missouri quarterback James Franklin is a Texas native and will end his college career not far from where he played his high school ball.
11. Mizzou defensive end Michael Sam on Oklahoma State: “We hope they pass all night, to be honest with you.”
12. A postmortem on the Georgia Bulldogs season: “This team, we just had a lot of things go wrong and a lot of things go wrong at the worse time imaginable.” Georgia lost a combined 41 full games from key offensive starters.
13. A prolific 2013 season at LSU: “For the first time in history, LSU had a 3,000-yard passer, two 1,000-yard receivers and a 1,000-yard rusher.”
14. Does the “state championship” seem more important now to South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier?
15. With quarterback Dak Prescott returning along what should be a better defense, Mississippi State may surprise some people in 2014.
16. The Ole Miss defense features some intriguing possibilities for 2014.
17. As expected, Texas A&M wide receiver Mike Evans going pro. Had a school-record 1,369 yards this season.
18. LSU defensive tackle Anthony Johnson says he’s leaving school early for the NFL.
19. Jadeveon Clowney’s new agent says his client wants to be the first overall draft pick. “He and I have talked about it, that he’s going to commit himself to do the work necessary to put him in that position…”
20. Mississippi State 77 – Maryland Eastern Shore 63. 21 points and 16 rebounds for Gavin Ware.
21. Jordan Clarkson off to an impressive start at Missouri – averaging 20 points and more than 4 assists per game.
22. Kentucky’s poor free-throw shooting brings back an appreciation of Kyle Macy
23. Have a Gruden! Texas donor Red McCombs makes his pitch for the next coach of the Longhorns.
|Post Comments »||Comments (43)|