May 2nd, 2013 08:15 PM║ Posted By: MrSEC.com ║ Permalink
Tags: ACL, Andrew Wiggins, Emmanuel Mudiay, Leonard Fournette, Reuben Foster
1. The NCAA has suspended new rules that would have allowed unlimited electronic communication between college coaches and recruits.
2.Is Alabama vs. Georgia the top recruiting rivalry in the country?
3. Alabama has offered 2014 linebacking prospect Nyles Morgan. The 6-2, 220 pound prospect has 31 other offers.
4. Lousiana running back Leonard Fournette is considered by many to be the top prospect in the country but right now he’s focused on track. “I’m leaving the recruiting stuff up to my parents right now. And I won’t focus on football until track season’s over.”
5. Kyle Allen is rated as the No. 5 quarterback prospect in the country in the class of 2014. Texas A&M is after the Scottsdale, Arizona product. ”Right now, the schools recruiting me the hardest that I’m feeling the most are probably UCLA, ASU, Oklahoma State and Texas A&M.”
6. The Aggies have offered a trio of prospects from New Orleans - linebacker Arthur McGinnis, wide receiver Tyron Billy-Johnson and athlete Deshawn Capers-Smith. The teammates are 2015 prospects.
7. Offensive lineman Bill Weber is getting attention from several schools including Arkansas and Missouri. The Coppell, Texas lineman attended the Razorbacks spring game with teammate and defensive end Solomon Thomas. He came away impressed with the knowledge exhibited by Arkansas fans. ”The fans know their stuff.”
8. Nashville wide receiver Thomas Richard became Missouri’s sixth commitment over the weekend. Heres how his high school coach described him. “As far as ball skills go, Missouri’s getting as good as they can get in the 2014 class. I’ve been fortunate to be around a lot of really good receivers, and he’s going to be up there with the top of them when his time’s up at Missouri.”
9. ESPN’s Chris Low: “Over the last three years (2010-12), nobody in the SEC has signed more ESPN 150 prospects offensively than Auburn.”
10. Alabama signee Reuben Foster on what opposing fanbases were telling him - “They told me, ‘I hope you tear your ACL,’ “
12. Kentucky is one of four schools still chasing top prospect Andrew Wiggins. Mike DeCourcy of The Sporting News says he’s worth the wait. “On the day Wiggins steps on an NBA court, and that’ll happen sooner rather than later, he’ll become one of the greatest athletes ever to play in the league.”
13. 2014 basketball prospect Emmanuel Mudiay on an in-home visit by Kentucky coach John Calipari: ”He does a good job with his point guards, and that’s a big part that I really look into.”
|Post Comments »||No Comments|