November 1st, 2010 11:21 AM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Tags: Chas Henry, Idaho State, Kevin Stallings, Receiver Kris Durham
1. Expect more no-huddle, hurry-up offense from Florida.
2. Punter-turned-kicker Chas Henry got the last laugh on Saturday.
3. And don’t look now, but for all the doom and gloom in Gainesville, the Gators still control their own destiny.
4. Georgia’s team is trying to keep a positive mindset after Saturday’s loss to Florida. (Fans? Not so much.)
5. Mark Richt is having to explain why AJ Green didn’t get more touches against the Gators.
6. Receiver Kris Durham bruised his lung on Saturday and is questionable against Idaho State this weekend.
7. 4-5 Kentucky has been thisclose to breaking through this season… but in the end the Cats have led for just 13 minutes in SEC play.
8. There’s a chance Kentucky’s football and basketball teams could both be in action on New Year’s Eve. (I’m guessing a b’ball game with Louisville would draw more eyeballs.)
9. The UK basketball team opens its season tonight with an exhibition game.
10. South Carolina’s game with Arkansas isn’t likely to have much bearing on the SEC East race.
11. Cornerback Chris Culliver is likely out for the season with a shoulder injury.
12. Steve Spurrier says he didn’t know Marcus Lattimore would be the kind of back who could carry the ball 30+ times a game.
13. Tennessee still has a month to change people’s perception of them.
14. Overall, October has been a horrible month for the UT athletic department.
15. Derek Dooley says his team needs to continue it’s “upward trend.”
16. Vandy has lost its last three games by a combined score of 113-21.
17. Vanderbilt held a memorial service for basketball coach Roy Skinner yesterday.
18. Current coach Kevin Stallings has made his program more appealing to in-state players.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|