December 31st, 2013 12:05 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Georgia, Johnny Manziel, Kirk Herbstreit, LSU, Mack Brown, Pat Washington, South Carolina
1. Georgia offensive coordinator Mike Bobo reportedly set to talk to Georgia Southern about its head coaching vacancy. Makes $575,000 a year at Georgia under a three-year contract. Mark Richt: “I’m not shocked that Mike’s getting some attention in that regard.”
2, Bobo on Jacksonville: “Our philosophy is Jacksonville is just an extension of Georgia.”
4. Enjoy the Johnny Manziel to Mike Evans connection tonight. Could be the last time you see them in Texas A&M uniforms. The Aggies Malcome Kennedy nearly two months ago: “It was fun playing with them.” Watch them tonight in person for under 10 bucks.
5, Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin once interviewed at Tennessee for the wide receivers coaching position. Job went to Pat Washington (now at Missouri) instead.
6. A win for Dan Mullen today would give the Mississippi State head coach the most bowl victories in school history.
7. One of the reasons why the SEC is going for its 8th straight title? Avoiding major NCAA penalties. ”This can’t be overstated enough.”
8. Who benefits most from the four-week layoff before BCS title game? Kirk Herbstreit says it’s Florida State’s defense.
9. Herbstreit on Alabama-Oklahoma: ”I think the game will be much, much closer than what a lot of people who I’m listening to or talking to think.”
10. Is Alabama junior safety HaHa Clinton-Dix NFL bound? Says he’s yet to make up his mind.
11. Alabama’s struggles at the cornerback position this year are something new for defensive coordinator Kirby Smart.
12. South Carolina defensive coordinator Lorenzo Ward to Jadeveon Clowney: ”I told him, ‘You’ve gotta slow down.’ Life is precious.”
13. Why exactly is Wisconsin favored to beat South Carolina?
14. LSU and the Outback Bowl: “For a litany of reasons, some that still don’t make a ton of sense, the interest in this game has been lukewarm from the LSU fan base.”
15. Missouri’s L’Damian Washington has been bothered with a sore foot but expected to play in the Cotton Bowl.
16. With all starters coming back, the linebacking corps projects as a position of strength at Florida.
17. The future at Ole Miss: “The team’s top two rushers, top two receivers and 15 of its top 20 tacklers all have eligibility remaining…”
18. ESPN hires Tim Tebow as analyst for the SEC Network.
19. Richard Deitsch: “ESPN’s research department has pushed a singular mantra when it comes to college football: You can never have too much SEC. ”
20. University of Texas A.D. Steve Patterson says he hopes to have a replacement in place for Mack Brown by January 15. Cross Jimbo Fisher off the list?
21. Why Peyton Manning could lose his record for single season passing yardage.
22. Want to read the University of Kentucky’s entire contract with Nike?
23. What would you name a newborn in Alabama? Krimson Tyde of course.
|Post Comments »||Comments (58)|