October 8th, 2013 12:30 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
Tags: Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Jalen Whitlow, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Pat Forde Dye, SEC
1. What’s up with South Carolina’s defense? Gamecocks have allowed 51 fourth-quarter points past three games – more points than any other SEC team has allowed in fourth quarter all season.
2. Has South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney hurt his draft stock? NFL executive: ”No one cares. He’s injured.”
3. Fourth quarter woes also an issue at Mississippi State. Bulldogs have been outscored 49-17 in fourth quarter this year.
4. Arkansas has been outscored 27-0 in the fourth quarter in its three-game losing streak.
5. “I’m not sure any SEC team has been more embarrassed in victory than the Hogs’ 10-point home win over Samford.”
6. Help for Ole Miss comes in the form of the schedule. Four of first five games on the road – next six are at home.
7. With Todd Gurley injured and Keith Marshall out for the season – big opportunity at Georgia for freshman J.J. Green who wasn’t even listed as a tailback when he enrolled in January.
8. Georgia coach Mark Richt on Missouri’s offense: ”They’re really doing some great things.”
9. Mizzou running back Henry Josey on quarterback James Franklin: “We feed off him. He’s our quarterback and he’s the leader of the team.”
10. Florida hasn’t forgotten what happened two years ago at LSU – a 41-11 loss. “It was definitely a low point in most of our careers here.”
11. Last year, LSU receiver Odell Beckham, Jr. committed a key fumble in the Tigers 14-6 loss to the Gators. This year – he won’t do interviews before the game.
12. Why South Carolina quarterback Connor Shaw would love to play Kentucky every week.
13. Alabama native and Kentucky quarterback Jalen Whitlow preparing to face the Crimson Tide. He was a high school teammate of Bama freshman O.J. Howard.
14. Is Alabama coach Nick Saban worried about a suspension trend? ”If players are committed to doing the right things, we won’t have those issues to deal with.”
15. Greg Doyel on charges surrounding Ha Ha Clinton-Dix’s suspension: “Alabama is in trouble — unless it’s not.”
16. With two more non-conference games left on the schedule, 4-1 Auburn has all but assured themselves of making a bowl this year.
17. Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze on Auburn: “It’s not like they don’t have great players there.”
18. On Saturday, Tennessee coach Butch Jones was playing Georgia. On Monday night, he was speaking in Georgia.
19. Arkansas cornerback Will Hines may not be done for the season after all. Center Travis Swanson battling a knee injury.
20. Georgia running back Todd Gurley not practicing today.
21. Ole Miss defensive end C.J. Johnson is day-to-day with an ankle injury.
22. Alabama linebacker Denzel Devall has a knee injury but expected to play against Kentucky.
23. LSU sophomore Corey Thompson got the first start of his career against Mississippi State. Strong safety Craig Loston has a leg injury.
24. ESPN”s Jeremy Schaap: “I find college football coaches are the prickliest of them all because often they’re kind of the emperors of their own domains.”
25. Peyton Manning - your junk food endorsements are making us fatter.
26. John Calipari: “Before I retire, I’d like to coach and undefeated team because they say it can’t be done.”
28. Falcons lose to the Jets , Braves lose to the Dodgers – worst night in Atlanta sports history?
29. What happened when then-Detroit Lions GM Matt Millen drafted wide receiver Mike Williams instead of DeMarcus Ware? His son punched him.
30. That late touchdown by Ohio State Saturday against Northwestern? Produced about a $100 million swing from bookies to bettors.
|Post Comments »||Comments (2)|