April 18th, 2012 12:01 PM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Tags: Danny Sheridan, LSU, Oddsmaker Bagman, SEC
1. Oddsmaker/Bagman-finder Danny Sheridan favors LSU to win this year’s national title over Alabama and Southern Cal.
2. Keep an eye out for this Wisconsin transfer whose had just about every school but those in the SEC blocked by Badger coach Bo Ryan.
3. Three suspended Bama players can return “if they do what they’re supposed to do,” but one other player has elected to exit.
4. Nick Saban wants folks in the Yellowhammer State to focus on the future, not the past.
5. This writer says new UAB coach Garrick McGee was only doing what all coaches do when he danced around questions regarding Arkansas’ vacancy.
6. Razorback players have remained focused despite the stuff going on around them (in part — from what we hear — because none of them got particularly close to Bobby Petrino to begin with).
7. LSU is already planning new ticket promotions tied to new coach Johnny Jones’ old Tigers jersey number (12).
8. Enthusiasm was the word of the day at Ole Miss practice session yesterday. (Not to be confused with “entusiasms… entusiasms… entusiasms.”)
9. The Rebels should have plenty of talent at cornerback this fall.
10. It was a “sloppy” practice at Mississippi State on Tuesday.
11. Care for an extra early look at MSU’s 2012 season?
12. A botched Texas A&M-to-the-SEC t-shirt continues to make headlines… even though the school wasn’t involved.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|