April 17th, 2013 12:29 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Auburn, Gators, Georgia, Hunter Mickelson, Jonathan Wallace, Nick Saban Eight, SEC
1. How safe is your stadium? The National Center for Spectator Sports Safety and Security now certifying stadiums around the country – four in the SEC have qualified.
2. In the wake of the Boston Marathon bombing, both Alabama and Auburn evaluating stadium security plans.
3. Alabama players left the White House on Monday just minutes before it went into lockdown mode.
4. Kirby Smart’s new deal at Alabama will make him the highest paid defensive coordinator in the country.
5. Fractured fibula and torn ankle ligaments for Alabama freshman running back Derrick Henry. Nick Saban: ”Eight weeks and he’ll be back running,” Expected to make full recovery by fall. Alabama down to three available tailbacks.
6. It’s just Jonathan Wallace and Kiehl Frazier battling it for quarterback at Auburn for now, but they’ll be joined by three more candidates this fall.
7. Florida has filled the vacancy left when defensive line coach Bryant Young resigned. UTEP defensive coordinator Will Choate will be special teams coordinator for the Gators.
8. Running back Marlin Lane absent again from Tennessee’s practice. Going through “sensitive situation.”
9. Bruce Feldman on Johnny Manziel: “He is a cross between a Dan Jenkins character and Vinny Chase.”
10. After spring practice, has Vanderbilt’s defensive line gone from question mark to major asset?
11. Arkansas offensive coordinator Jim Chaney sees improvement at the quarterback position: “Up until now it’s been tough for me to say anything positive about what we’ve been getting done in the passing game.”
12. A focus on red zone offense at Mississippi State.
13. Georgia coach Mark Richt on his defensive line: “I think we’re going to have at least two deep at the defensive line positions where we’re just going to keep rolling them cats in and keeping them fresh.”
14. The most common response this spring from Tennessee coach Butch Jones? “Put it on my calendar.”
15. Less than two months after suffering a stroke, Billy Cannon was back at Tiger Stadium on Saturday.
16. Is Pittsburgh the NFL team most intrigued by former Tennessee quarterback Tyler Bray?
17. Unlike last year, Florida seems all but certain to have high round draft picks, thanks to Sharrif Floyd and Matt Elam.
20. Who’s leaving at Tennessee? Vols now have five recruits in the 2013 class – just three open scholarships. Tennessee still waiting on NBA decision from Jarnell Stokes.
21. Nerlens Noel’s legacy at Kentucky? ”Complicated, memorable and unfinished.”
22. What the Missouri basketball team ceremony revealed about the players.
23. Florida confirms center Patric Young underwent surgery to remove a bone spur in his right ankle.
24. Michigan State coach Tom Izzo wants the shot clock shortened in college basketball.
25. 85- count federal indictment unveiled Tuesday shows former Georgia coach Jim Donnan and a business partner face charges they operated a Ponzi scheme.
27. Spelman College - dropping all intercollegiate sports and leaving the NCAA.
28. Kansas State football coach Bill Snyder: College athletics “in a bad place right now.”
|Post Comments »||Comments (33)|