March 8th, 2014 11:01 AM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Butch Jones, Charlie Strong, Cleveland Browns, Extra Paul Finebaum, Georgia, Jay Jacobs, Johnny Manziel, NFL, Ole Miss, SEC
2. Texas coach Charlie Strong wants to renew the rivalry with Texas A&M. ”When there’s been so much tradition there, you’d like to see it continue on.”
3. No Johnny Manziel but still plenty of options at quarterback for the Texas A&M.
4. John Theus is moving from right tackle to left tackle for Georgia.
5. Tennessee coach Butch Jones on competition at the quarterback spot: ”That competition, that’s how you get better, that’s how you grow.”
6. Plenty of options at running back for Ole Miss.
7. Early signing period for college football?
8. Couple of NFL draft analysts now have Johnny Manziel going fourth overall to the Cleveland Browns.
9. SEC Commissioner Mike Slive: “One of the primary focuses that we have is changing the perception of our basketball over the next several years.”
10. Andy Staples on Florida: “These Gators won’t overwhelm anyone with their athleticism, but they might overwhelm a team with their defensive stubbornness.”
11. Auburn A.D. Jay Jacobs will sit down with coach Tony Barbee at the end of the season. Is his job in jeopardy?
12. An argument to keep South Carolina coach Frank Martin suspended until he cleans up his “expletive act.”
13. If LSU beats Georgia today, Tigers will clinch the sixth seed in the SEC Tournament. And if Georgia loses and Tennesse wins, Vols claim third place in the SEC.
14. Missouri has received more points and rebounds from this freshmen class than any of the past four seasons.
15. Ole Miss coach Andy Kennedy on the future of his program: “I’m really high on some of our young guys.”
16. Jerry Palm on bubble teams and potential bid stealers.
17. Paul Finebaum’s book on the SEC goes on sale in August. Here’s a look at the cover.
|Post Comments »||Comments (2)|