March 25th, 2014 12:30 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Auburn, Na Ty Rodgers, South Carolina
1. South Carolina offensive lineman Na’Ty Rodgers suspended from the team indefinitely. Redshirt freshman arrested and charged with disorderly conduct and consumption of alcohol by a minor.
2. South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier on quartback Dylan Thompson: ”I think he’s by far our best player right now.”
3. Ole Miss quarterback Bo Wallace on left tackle Laremy Tunsil: “He makes you feel so comfortable back there.”
4. Florida’s offensive line has a new sign. #ThanksGrammarPolice.
5. Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin on the quarterback battle featuring Kenny Hill, Kyle Allen and Matt Joeckel: “It’s going really good. They’re all out there and they’re doing good.”
6. Even without Greg Robinson, Auburn’s offensive line should be very good. Tigers return four starters.
7. Former Ole Miss coach Ed Orgeron will be a special guest at an upcoming Mississippi State coaches’ clinic.
8. Back from spring break, Tennessee returns to the practice field today.
9. Florida coach Billy Donovan’s contract extension will keep him in Gainesville through the 2018-2019 season. Average salary will be $3.7 million over the next six years.
10. Florida is 3-0 in the NCAA Tournament against UCLA - all games have come since 2006.
11. What if the NCAA Tournament was reseeded based on the first week’s performance? Kentucky would move up dramatically.
12. Many heralded freshmen played poorly over the weekend - but not the ones at Kentucky.
13. Tennessee forward Jeronne Maymon: ”We’ve got one of the best teams in the nation [when] we just come out and play like it.”
14. Auburn freshman point guard Malcolm Canada made the mistake of missing a team meeting. Coach Bruce Pearl: ”He ran until he puked the first day he was back.” Pearl expects to add two more coaches to his staff soon.
15. Losing just one senior, Georgia coach Mark Fox looks forward to next season: “We have more guys back, and that should hopefully get us off to a better start.”
16. $21.3 million surplus for the University of Alabama athletic department.
17. Bobby Knight on what the NBA has done to the college game: ”It’s as though they’ve raped college basketball in my opinion.” Not the first time he’s used a rape analogy.
18. Former Kentucky walk-on and current Manhattan coach Steve Masiello expected to replace Stan Heath at USF.
19. “The SEC is still a better conference; but the Pac-12 might now be the most interesting conference in the country.”
20. The late George Steinbrenner liked everything about the “Seinfeld” Steinbrenner – except the voice of Larry David.
|Post Comments »||Comments (18)|