November 5th, 2011 09:50 AM║ Posted By: MrSEC.com ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Tags: BCS, Les Miles, Michael Williams, Tyrann Mathieu
1. This is what you want to play in,” Alabama tight end Michael Williams said. “It’ll be one for the ages.”
2. What’s on the line tonight? The SEC West, the likely SEC champion and at least one of the slots in the BCS championship game.
3. Alabama’s 1992 defense vs. the 2011 version - which one is better?
4. LSU QB Jordan Jefferson can make a statement tonight.
5. Tide QB A.J. McCarron is a sophomore. No team has ever won a BCS national title with a freshman or sophomore as its primary quarterback.
6. “A J McCarron can win a game with his arm. You bet he can.”
7. Will the game turn on the performances of the quarterbacks?
8. Welcome to your grandfather’s style of football.
9. Deep SEC roots no longer necessary – at least when it comes to head coaches.
10. Verne Lundquist: “I think you’ve got the stern taskmaster at Alabama against the kind of looser personality of Les Miles.”
11. Dennis Dodd: “Trent Richardson is how Alabama wins the game.”
12. Scott Rabalais: “Is it good vs. evil? That depends on which side of Mississippi you live on – and what you think of Saban personally.”
13. Allen Barra: “This Saturday, nobody in Alabama or Louisiana is going to get married, and somebody is going to die.”
14. Tyrann Mathieu and the strict Catholic school upbringing that shaped him.
15. New Orleans Saints’ teammate Roman Harper (Alabama) and Devery Henderson (LSU) have a bet riding on the outcome of tonight’s game.
16. Cost a hotel room at the Fairfield Inn in Tuscaloosa Thursday night? $99. Cost of that same room on Friday night? $299 (minimum two night stay).
|Post Comments »||No Comments|