June 19th, 2012 12:49 PM║ Posted By: MrSEC.com ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Anthony Davis, Michael Kidd Gilchrist, Tennessee Kenny Hall, UK
1. Can compromise be reached on a four-team playoff model? ACC Commissioner John Swofford says yes. “Our preference is that the semifinals be incorporated into the bowl system, which seems to be in good shape,” Swofford said. “We’re comfortable with the championship game being bid out.”
2. Which new players will make an immediate impact at Auburn this fall?
3. “Go to Hell, Auburn” sticker sparks tension on a Southwest Airlines flight.
4. Arkansas lineman Jason Peacock will spend 10 days in jail for stealing a debit card to buy gas.
5. Bobby Petrino takes a bath on his Fayetteville home.
7. Georgia-Georgia Tech may be an annual rivalry but only the 5th most important game on the Bulldogs schedule this fall.
8. Kentucky safety Dakotah Tyler will be back on the Wildcats team this fall.
9. When Tennessee and Alabama play on October 20th – Peyton Manning will be in attendance.
11. An Orlando bowl game gets rebranded.
12. Gary Parrish: “Despite the departures of Anthony Davis, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Terrence Jones, Marquis Teague, Doron Lamb and Darius Miller, nobody can match UK’s roster strictly in terms of talent.”
14. Anthony Davis a darkhorse to make the USA basketball Olympic roster?
15. 22 points for Jarnell Stokes as Team USA moves to 3–0.
17. Bradley Beal and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist work out for the Charlotte Bobcats.
18. Six newcomers mean more options for Ole Miss basketball coach Andy Kennedy.
19. The dumbest NCAA rules you’ve never heard of.
20. Nick Saban likes the new Pop Warner rules limiting contact.
21. Kevin Sumlin’s message to Aggie fans looking forward to travel in the SEC: “I bet you’ll have a different answer for me next year.”
22. Details of Urban Meyer’s contract at Ohio State are released.
23. The U.S. military spends millions of taxpayer dollars every year on sports sponsorships. Should it be cut?
24. Len Bias and 26 years ago today.
|Post Comments »||Comments (4)|