June 20th, 2013 12:29 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Auburn, Miami, NCAA, SEC
1. One take on Georgia’s defense: “The optimism from Georgia fans’ about this young defense may have actually reached the point where too much is being expected.”
3. Is time running out for South Carolina to win an SEC championship?
4. Vanderbilt’s new $31 million practice facility is on schedule and on budget – portion of it will be completed by the end of October.
5. “I think Auburn is going to be a significantly improved football team.” Tigers and seven other SEC teams make the list for having the best offseasons.
6. Former Florida Gator Josh Evans on the Sugar Bowl loss to Louisville: ”People were feeling sorry for themselves they weren’t in the national championship.”
7. One of the top SEC games this fall is Florida vs. Miami. Enjoy this one because you may not see another one for a while.
8. Can Ole Miss running back Mark Dodson make the leap his freshman year?
9. Financial situation in Tennessee’s athletic department improving from a four-million dollar deficit to breaking even over the next few years.
10. Tentative verdict reached in the Miami investigation?
11. What changed the game in the Ed O’Bannon lawsuit? When a judge ruled “that current college athletes could join the suit and that athletes could go after a cut of the money the NCAA and the conferences receive for the broadcast rights to college sporting events.”
13. Lawyers for the plaintiffs say they have proof that video-game avatars resembled college athletes and that the NCAA knew about it.
14. Why not a “dry run” for college football’s playoff committee?
15. JUCO transfer Malcolm Canady is one of eight newcomers at Auburn. Point guard released from Tulane commitment after he didn’t meet academic requirements. Chose Auburn over St. Louis.
16. Keith Hornsby, son of Bruce, is officially an LSU Tiger. Transferred from North Carolina-Asheville.
17. 22-year old African native Rawane “Pops” Ndiaye hopes to contribute at Tennessee.
18. New Missouri assistant coach Mark Phelps will be expected to recruit for the Tigers. ”This is going to be a great place to recruit to.”
19. Derek Millinghaus’ game-winning shot against Mizzou in the SEC Tournament “changed the entire perception of the basketball program” at Ole Miss.
20. Kentucky coach John Calipari will be an honorary pace car driver at an upcoming NASCAR event.
21. Denard Robinson’s cold weather tip for Eddie Lacy: “What I did was put Vaseline on, a lot of Vaseline.”
22. Home of Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops burglarized – vehicle stolen.
|Post Comments »||Comments (38)|