1. Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron on guard Anthony Steen: “Unbelievable player. Comes to work every day.”
2. Charles Davis of Fox Sports: “People are sick of Alabama, those who aren’t SEC affiliated.”
3. Auburn freshman quarterback Jeremy Johnson could play a role in the offense this season even with Nick Marshall returning.
4. Joel A. Erickson has compiled several notes regarding Auburn’s football team six games into the season.
5. Arkansas struggled to accomplish its goals during the South Carolina game, which was probably obvious while watching it.
6. LSU seems to be understanding what it means to play team defense. That was on display against Florida.
7. Video: LSU quarterback Zach Mettenberger spoke to the media on Monday.
8. Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze apologized and said he wishes he had been “more composed” during a postgame incident on Saturday.
9. Auburn wasn’t expected to be a major challenger to Texas A&M at the beginning of the season. That’s changed with Auburn’s improved play.
10. Freshman John Townsend will start punter for Florida, replacing junior Kyle Christy.
11. The five forced turnovers by Georgia’s defense ranks tied for 117th nationally. That’s not quite good enough.
12. Vanderbilt defensive end Kyle Woestmann believes the Commodores can “exploit a couple of guys” on Georgia’s offensive line.
13. This second half prediction from Athlon Sports has Alabama facing South Carolina the SEC Championship Game.
14. Kentrell Brothers has played a key role in the strong play by Missouri’s defense.
15. Kentucky coach Mark Stoops is trying to keep some perspective following the Wildcats’ blowout loss to Alabama.
16. South Carolina’s defense has improved but Lorenzo Ward’s group still has some work to do.
17. Tennessee is getting ready to host South Carolina, which Butch Jones described as an “extremely complete football team.”
18. There’s a lot to examine in the SEC East. So Barrett Sallee examined the SEC East.
19. Missouri QB James Franklin won’t miss as much time as previously reported. Franklin’s expected to miss 3-5 weeks, per Gary Pinkel.
20. Ole Miss is a beat-up football team as it gets ready to host LSU on Saturday.
21. Running back Matt Jones is the latest Florida starter to be lost for the season. Freshman Kelvin Taylor will see more playing time now.
22. Mark Stoops is optimistic about quarterback Jalen Whitlow’s status following the injury he suffered against Alabama.
23. Read about Vanderbilt offensive line coach Herb Hand’s work with Our Kids, an organization that deals with child sexual abuse.
24. Tennessee placed its band director on administrative leave following last week’s dispute between the band and athletic department.
25. The documentary Schooled: The Price of College Sports will air on Wednesday night on the premium movie channel EPIX.
26. USA Today’s Paul Myerberg re-ranked all 125 FBS college football teams. Alabama is No. 1, followed by Oregon and Clemson.