November 15th, 2013 12:30 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Archie Manning, Auburn, Auburn Alabama, Georgia, Mark Emmert, SEC
1. Florida quarterback Tyler Murphy a game-time decision; Gators likely to start redshirt freshman Skyler Mornhinweg.
2. Before the season, the line on the Florida-South Carolina game was 3 1/2 points. It’s now double-digits.
3. South Carolina running back Mike Davis once thought he was going to a Florida Gator. The bitterness persists. With 1,508 yards, he’s the SEC’s leading rusher.
4. Texas A&M receiver Malcome Kennedy channels his inner Bob Dole in support of Johnny Manziel’s Heisman campaign: “He knows it, we know it and people who watch sports know it.”
5. Archie Manning on Alabama quarterback A.J. McCarron: “All he does is win.”
6. Gary Danielson on differences between Alabama and Auburn: “Alabama really strives for balance…But Auburn’s definition of balance is different.”
7. “So what, exactly, happened at Auburn last year?..As it turns out, the core issue wasn’t talent.”
8. Auburn has to play Georgia every year as their permanent cross-division opponent but you don’t hear them complain about it.
9. A comparison of current Auburn QB Nick Marshall to former Auburn QB Cam Newton.
10. Plenty of Georgia natives on the Auburn roster.
11. Here’s a headline you don’t see everyday: “Why I relish UK-Vandy Football”
12. Mississippi State’s offense has struggled at times this year scoring points in the fourth quarter.
13. Ole Miss quarterback Bo Wallace is on a roll - nearly 72% completion rate the last four games.
14. Vanderbilt’s sophomore class is beginning to emerge.
15. If Missouri doesn’t win out, Cotton Bowl is a possibility with a rematch against a former Big 12 rival.
16. With eight SEC teams already bowl eligible, the jockeying for position has begun.
17. NCAA president Mark Emmert says the organization continues to oppose payments beyond scholarship value to student athletes: “There is virtually no interest among university presidents and athletic directors in turning student-athletes into paid, unionized professionals.”
18. Georgia coach Mark Fox wanted Auburn QB Nick Marshall to play basketball for the Bulldogs.
19. Is the series between Georgia and Georgia Tech headed for extinction?
20. Why South Carolina’s Sindarius Thornwell is a freshman worth watching.
21. Sports Illustrated has Louisville No. 1, Kentucky No. 2. Florida comes in at No. 9.
|Post Comments »||One Comment|