October 28th, 2010 01:22 PM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Tags: Jarrett Lee, Mario Fannin, Russell Shepard, Scott Field
1. According to NCAA stats, Alabama has the toughest remaining schedule in the country.
2. A sportswriter new to the Alabama beat gives his view of what life’s like covering the Tide. (An interesting read.)
3. Auburn’s O-line has made some big improvements in the run game. It doesn’t hurt having Cam Newton toting the rock.
4. Mario Fannin’s fumbles could cut into his playing time on The Plains.
5. LSU is still trying to fix its offense.
6. Russell Shepard would be the Tigers’ quarterback if anything happened to Jordan Jefferson and Jarrett Lee… but he’s not getting any work in practice at that spot.
7. Some coaches complain about cowbells, but this writer AND Kentucky’s Joker Phillips say you can’t even hear ‘em. (I’ve been on the sideline at Scott Field and I could sure hear them.)
8. Most coaches are steering clear of cowbell talk.
9. MSU’s defense played one of its worst games against UAB last week.
10. Ole Miss safety Damien Jackson is questionable for Saturday’s game with Auburn. Jackson is the Rebels’ second-leading tackler.
11. The Rebels are becoming a trendy pick to upset the Tigers.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|