June 28th, 2012 01:41 PM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Marcus Denmon, NBA, NCAA, SEC
1. Need further evidence that the Big 12 never had an under-the-table deal with Florida State and Clemson? How ’bout a secret January memo by Big 12 interim commissioner Chuck Neinas that said only Notre Dame would help his league’s television deal. (Still waiting for the ugly commenters who said I would have to admit my mistake on this issue to come back and admit theirs. If I’d have been wrong, I’d have said so. Sadly, I’ve had to do that once or twice. Once, maybe.)
2. The Chick-fil-A Bowl and Atlanta want a piece of the new playoff action.
3. Cash from a playoff could start another push to pay college football players.
4. What would tonight’s NBA draft look like if it were based solely on NCAA production?
5. NBA draft hopeful: Auburn’s Kenny Gabriel.
6. NBA draft hopefuls: Alabama’s JaMychal Green and Tony Mitchell.
7. Bama linebacker CJ Mosley is #19 on The Gainesville Sun’s best players in the SEC countdown.
8. Three suspended Arkansas footballers plead not guilty to burglary charges.
9. The Razorbacks’ new practice facility is nearing completion.
10. Mississippi State has had to cancel a football game with Mississippi Valley State due to MVSU scholarship issues and a little-known NCAA rule.
11. NBA draft hopeful: MSU’s Arnett Moultrie (who could be State’s first first-rounder since 1996).
12. NBA draft hopeful: Texas A&M’s Kris Middleton.
13. Could Georgia Tech’s Dan Radakovich — recently slapped by the NCAA — become the Aggies’ next AD?
14. NBA draft hopeful: Florida’s Bradley Beal (who could go #2 overall).
15. Georgia D-line signee John Atkins is facing eligibility issues in Athens.
16. UGA’s football scheduling is on hold as the new playoff and conference expansion play themselves out.
17. NBA draft hopefuls: Just about the whole darn Kentucky team.
18. Sure-thing top pick Anthony Davis is ready to start living the dream. (Really, he wants to start an SEC website?)
20. Ex-Gamecock quarterback Stephen Garcia is now a Montreal Alouette.
21. NBA draft hopefuls: A trio of Commodores (who hope to avoid the overseas path taken by quite a few ex-Vanderbilt players).
22. New conference, new uniforms, new multi-multi-million dollar facility upgrades… it’s a new day in every way for Missouri.
23. NBA draft hopefuls: Mizzou’s Kim English and Marcus Denmon.
|Post Comments »||One Comment|