January 26th, 2013 10:54 AM║ Posted By: MrSEC.com ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Auburn, Former Miami, Laurence Bowers, NCAA, Rotnei Clarke
1. Nebraska coach Bo Pelini to high school player Dominic Walker – who flipped his commitment from Nebraska to Auburn: “‘Best of luck, you’re going to need it.”
2. Most loyal fanbase in the country? Survey says…Auburn.
3. Tennessee has to clamp down on over-exuberant students – eager to greet recruits with a welcome message.
4. Former Florida defensive back De’Ante “Pop” Sanders has enrolled at Tennessee State.
5. Alabama has four players in today’s Senior Bowl game. All have something to prove.
6. LSU has two players in the game. Defensive end Lavar Edwards projected as a fourth-round pick. Wide receiver Russell Shepard expected to be a seventh-round pick or free agent.
7. Former LSU cornerback Tyrann Mathieu says he’ll attend the NFL draft combine in February.
8. Vanderbilt wants a Thanksgiving weekend series with Middle Tennessee State. MTSU wants the series, which starts in 2015, to be the season opener.
9. A facelift of Missouri’s Memorial Stadium is underway. The addition will add more than 5,000 general admission seats and about 1,200 premium seats.
10. AJ McCarron and the responsibilities of being a quarterback at Alabama: ”I don’t think any of us can comprehend the pressure he has to win.”
11. Bear Bryant died 30 years ago today. Former players and coaches remember the private Bryant.
12. Former Miami assistant coach basketball coach Michael Schwartz will not receive a notice of allegations from the NCAA. Schwartz was an assistant to former Hurricanes coach and current Missouri coach Frank Haith.
13. University of Central Florida coach George O’Leary on the Miami investigation and NCAA president Mark Emmert: ”I’m sure Mark (Emmert) didn’t know what was going on, but there are times when coaches don’t know what’s going on either and yet we’re getting punished.”
14. The president of the National College Players Association says a news conference on head injuries was cancelled because of pressure from the BCS. ”The BCS has tried to actively silence us on this. That was pretty disturbing.”
15. With Craig Sword and Fred Thomas, Mississippi State has the No. 1 and No. 3 freshmen scorers in the SEC.
16. Florida has held opponents to 52 points or less 11 times this season.
17. How has Kentucky’s Kyle Wiltjer been in practice lately? ”An animal.”
18. Georgia’s Kentavious Caldwell-Pope leads the team in scoring, rebounding and steals.
19. In conference play, Ole Miss guard Marshall Henderson leads in scoring. Tennessee’s Jordan McRae is second.
20. Status of Auburn’s Chris Denson and Jordan Price murky heading into the weekend.
21. Both Keion Bell and Laurence Bowers missed the last Missouri game. Bell has a better chance to play today against Vanderbilt.
22. When Mike Anderson left Missouri for Arkansas, Rotnei Clarke “didn’t feel comfortable” with the new coach and left for Butler.
23. Is a made-for-TV movie next? Katie Couric got Manti, Dr. Phil gets the alleged hoaxer.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|