April 22nd, 2014 09:30 AM║ Posted By: Josh Ward ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Austin Golson, Kevin Norwood, NBA, SEC
1. Reggie Ragland believes Alabama’s defense is “more focused” and has more speed heading into 2014.
2. Greg McElroy had a problem with AJ McCarron saying some of his teammates became complacent last year.
3. Wide receiver D’haquille Williams was the top spring standout for Auburn. Here are some others.
4. SEC commissioner Mike Slive expects a decision on future football schedules to be decided sometime in May.
5. Arkansas unveiled new uniforms on Monday. It includes the new secondary Razorback logo.
6. Offensive lineman Austin Golson is considering transferring from Ole Miss. He’s projected to start at right tackle.
7. Who will lead the SEC in rushing in 2014? Several writers gave their opinion.
8. Florida cornerback Vernon Hargreaves III wants to become more of a leader entering his second year on campus.
9. Collin Barber is optimistic he can regain Georgia’s punting job after losing it last season.
10. Injuries have mounted at receiver for Kentucky this spring.
11. Central Missouri coach Kim Anderson is a candidate for the Missouri job, according to ESPN.
12. Gregg Marshall’s agent said he hadn’t heard from Missouri officials as of Monday afternoon.
13. Here’s a look at what Donnie Tyndall accomplished before taking the Tennessee job.
14. Louisiana Tech’s Michael White wanted the Tennessee job until he met with UT officials.
15. LSU forward Jordan Mickey’s father said his son hasn’t decided whether he will enter the NBA Draft.
16. Kevin Brockway looks at the link between Florida coach Billy Donovan and the NBA.
17. A higher age limit to enter the NBA wouldn’t be fair, writes Tim Sullivan.
18. Alabama receiver Kevin Norwood has plenty of confidence as he prepares for the draft.
19. Texas A&M’s Jake Matthews is scheduled to visit the Houston Texans this week.
20. NCAA president Mark Emmert cited “competitive fairness” when asked why athletes can’t capitalize off their likeness in college.
21. Slive believes autonomy for the big five conference represents a “vision for the 21st century as it relates to our relationship with student-athletes.”
22. Florida State took a financial hit playing in and winning the BCS Championship Game.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|