January 3rd, 2014 09:45 AM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama
Tags: Alabama, Auburn, Kenyan Drake, OU
1. Alabama ends the season with two consecutive losses for the first time since 2008. Nick Saban: ”You’ve got to give Oklahoma’s team a lot of credit. they were fired up and ready to play, like most teams we play.”
2. Kevin Scarbinsky: “For all of its talent, for all of its accomplishments, this wasn’t a championship Alabama team.”
3. “Alabama was repeatedly pushed around, run by and slammed to the ground against an Oklahoma team that struggled to find its identity until late in the season.”
4. Berry Tramel on Oklahoma: “It pulled the veil not from the SEC’s soft middle, but from its epic program.”
5. AJ McCarron’s 387 passing yards were the most of his career, but he also had two turnovers. ”I had two turnovers, ended up scoring 14 points, and we lost by 14.”
6. Lars Anderson: “The story of the Sugar Bowl was these two quarterbacks—one at the start of his college career, the other at the end.”
7. Four turnovers on the night for Alabama including an “exceptionally costly T.J. Yeldon fumble.”
8. Alabama’s season – 121 points allowed in three games against OU, Auburn and Texas A&M; allowed 60 points combined to everyone else.
9. Alabama running back Kenyan Drake puts transfer rumors to rest.
10. Oklahoma players give the ESPN crew a scare after the game.
|Post Comments »||Comments (48)|