1. Georgetown 37 – Tennessee 36. Hoyas survive in one ugly game. Lowest point total for the Vols since 1997.
2. Syracuse 91 – Arkansas 82. Razorbacks go 5-for-24 from 3-point range. More than 19,000 at Bud Walton Arena - largest attendance since 2009.
3. DePaul 80 – Auburn 76. Despite a career-high 28 points from Frankie Sullivan, late possessions once again doom the Tigers.
4. South Florida 64 – Georgia 53. Bulldogs get 19 points from Kentavious Caldwell-Pope in a losing effort. (That wraps up an 0-4 Friday night for SEC basketball).
5. In the wake of two rape allegations, Missouri guard Michael Dixon is transferring. But plenty of questions remain. Social-media statements led to the outing.
6. Tigers open the post-Dixon era with Appalachian State.
7. Kentucky hosts Baylor today after losing Thursday night to Notre Dame by double-digits. John Calipari: “The one thing they have to bring is a competitive spirit and a will to win.”
8. Vanderbilt hosts Villanova today. Commodores struggling to score – lost top-six scorers from last season and struggling to implement a revised offense.
9. Alabama basketball tips off at Cincinnati one-hour before the Crimson Tide and Georgia kick off.
10. Ole Miss hosts Rutgers this afternoon. Rebels are fourth nationally in field-goal percentage defense.
11. Mississippi State travels to Providence today in a battle of thin rosters. MSU will have seven healthy scholarship players – Providence will have six.
12. First time on the road this year for Texas A&M – Aggies travel to Houston.
13. Florida center Patric Young didn’t start Thursday night against Marquette. Responded with 10 points, 10 rebounds and three blocked shots off the bench.
14. Reasons to be optimistic about LSU basketball.
15. Mizzou defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson is leaving early – declares for NFL draft. “This has been my dream ever since I was a little kid.”
16. Former LSU cornerback Tyrann Mathieu has hired an agent.
17. What one sportswriter got wrong about the 2012 Texas A&M team.
18. Not only did Texas recruit Johnny Manziel as a defensive back, he had to call them.
19. An endorsement of the Aggies to come to Florida and play in the Capital One Bowl. Bowl officials have reportedly “laser beamed” in on A&M.
20. Vanderbilt sits and waits for a bowl decision – either the Music City or Gator Bowl.
21. Looking like the Outback Bowl for South Carolina – regardless of SEC title outcome – probably against Northwestern.
22. SEC football on CBS had its lowest ratings since 2008. One big reason – blowouts.
23. Pac-12 commissioner: Conference at “optimal size.”
***Extra – Breaking News***
24. Kansas City Chiefs player allegedly shoots girlfriend and then commits suicide. Linebacker Jovan Belcher reportedly involved.