March 29th, 2014 12:00 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Auburn, Gators, Johnny Manziel, Katherine Webb
1. Texas A&M quarterback Kenny Hill suspended indefinitely. 19-year old arrested for public intoxication early Friday morning. ”Hill was passed out in a planter full of rocks and plants…”
2. Stolen but recovered. More than $16,00 worth of gear and memorabilia from the Auburn locker room at Jordan-Hare Stadium, including Bo Jackson and Cam Newton football memorabilia. Three Auburn men arrested this week.
3. Auburn’s football team accounted for 81 percent of athletic department revenue in 2012-2013. Department ran a deficit approaching $900,000 for fiscal year 2013.
4. Surplus at Missouri for the first time since 2009 - 50 percent jump in operating revenue for the 2013 fiscal year.
5. What do Vanderbilt players think about the union ruling? “I don’t think it’s really an issue for us right now.”
6. “Somehow, I can’t see Johnny Manziel writing, “U-n-i-o-n,” on a piece of cardboard and jumping on a table in the middle of the Texas A&M locker room.”
7. “The notion peddled by the NCAA that it has the interests of the athletes foremost in its thinking is laughable.”
8. Florida’s holds its first big scrimmage of the spring today.
9. Targeting rule had a big impact on a Georgia game last season. Bulldog players glad to see it tweaked.
10. One service ranks Mississippi State’s Chris Jones the top defensive tackle prospect in the NFL class of 2017.
11. South Carolina projects to have two seniors in its starting offensive line but they could also lose redshirt junior Brandon Shell if he elects to declare for the NFL Draft.
12. Alabama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin speaks. Or at least tweets – for the first time in 193 days.
13. Is the fourth time the charm for Florida? Heavily-favored Gators face Dayton tonight with a Final Four bid on the line.
14. Kentucky will face Michigan Sunday. Willie Cauley-Stein’s status uncertain due ankle injury. ”It’s not a good ankle injury. Let’s put it that way.”
16. Louisville’s Russ Smith went to the Kentucky locker room after the game last night to congratulate UK players.
17. Texas A&M A.D. Eric Hyman on the direction of the basketball program under Billy Kennedy: “You need time, and two years no matter where you are is just very difficult, unless your program is at the top.”
20. The Cleveland Browns have bigger things to worry about than not showing up for Johnny Manziel’s pro day.
|Post Comments »||Comments (9)|