April 2nd, 2012 02:25 PM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Kentucky
Tags: Coach Cal, Kansas Self, Louisville Saturday, UK
Here’s what’s being said about the truly blue-blooded NCAA Tournament final between Kentucky and Kansas tonight…
1. Tonight’s battle will be about as tradition-rich as you can get.
2. It’s a matchup of legendary proportions.
3. Fans of both teams have been cordial leading up to the game.
4. John Calipari is focused on tonight’s game, not past losses (like his Memphis team’s title-game loss to Bill Self and Kansas in 2008)…
5. But a win would end the biggest criticism of Coach Cal’s record.
6. For that matter, is everyone rooting against Calipari and Kentucky?
7. As usual, it’s being said plenty’s at stake for the Cats’ coach.
8. The closer Kentucky gets to the national crown, the less Calipari talks about winning one.
9. Kansas’ Self knows all about UK after losing to them back on November 15th.
10. Expect tonight’s game to go to the toughest team.
11. Kentucky’s freshman are continuing their amazing run.
12. This writer says a win would make them the best freshman class ever.
13. Don’t expect Calipari to apologize for building his team with one-and-doners.
14. In fact, this writer says you can blame the NCAA for one-and-dones.
15. UK’s Michael Kidd-Gilchrist has worked to overcome a speech impediment that’s plagued him since childhood. And he’s done so bravely. Good for him.
16. Terrence Jones looks to finish what he started last year.
17. Kentucky’s Anthony Davis and Kansas’ Thomas Robinson have been mighty impressive this season.
18. Davis has made the unibrow cool.
19. After an embarrassing night following UK’s win over Louisville Saturday, Lexington police are preparing for postgame nonsense.
20. All signs point to a Kentucky victory…
21. But if the Wildcats aren’t careful… upsets can happen.
22. A lot of people stand to cash in after tonight’s game.
23. And in case you’re wondering, no, you’re not the only one who thinks a 9:23pm ET tip time is flippin’ ridiculous.
|Post Comments »||Comments (15)|