November 13th, 2013 12:30 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Auburn, Justin Garrett, LSU, Mississippi State, South Carolina, Tide
1.What do Alabama officials think of the email exchange between Texas regents’ regarding Nick Saban’s agent’s comments?
2. What does South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier think of hazing freshmen? “I don’t believe in any of that crap. None of it. ”
3. AJ McCarron may be “the best quarterback in Alabama history” but does he deserve the Heisman?
5. Auburn defensive coordinator Ellis Johnson on Georgia running back Todd Gurley: “He probably may be the most physical back in the league.”
6. Georgia coach Mark Richt on how familiar Auburn coach Rodney Garner is with the Bulldogs defense: “I’m sure he’ll have a lot of information to be able to talk to coach Malzahn about, but most everything you see is on film.”
7. In the decade before James Franklin, Vanderbilt had gone 3-32 in November. Under Franklin, they’re 7-2.
8. Ole Miss wide receiver Donte Moncrief has at least 100 yards receiving in three of his last five games.
9. Meet senior Texas A&M wide receiver Travis Labhart - ”the ultimate underdog story.”
10. Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin has some grass – from Kyle Field.
11. If LSU wins remaining regular season games and its bowl game – Tigers will have four straight 10-win seasons.
12. Tennessee’s defense has yet to hold a BCS opponent to less than 200 yards rushing.
13. At 3-7, what’s left for Arkansas? “It’s about pride.”
14. Florida leads the SEC with 8.1 penalties per game.
15. Florida quarterback Tyler Murphy is day-to-day with a sprained right shoulder – could miss the South Carolina game. Linebackers Antonio Morrison and Jeremi Powell having knee surgery today.
16. South Carolina quarterback Connor Shaw expected to play without a knee brace against Florida.
17. Georgia receiver Chris Conley likely a game-time decision against Auburn.
18. Georgia running back Keith Marshall underwent ACL surgery Tuesday.
19. LSU quarterback Zach Mettenberger has a sprained ankle. Receiver Odell Beckham, Jr. simulated Johnny Manziel in practice.
20. Alabama freshman quarterback Cooper Batemen is playing the role of Mississippi State QB Dak Prescott in practice this week.
21. Special teams a focus this week at Mississippi State. Four special teams miscues led to 16 Texas A&M points last week.
22. Ole Miss defensive tackle D.T. Shackleford is considering coming back for a sixth year.
23. Will Auburn linebacker Justin Garrett take a medical redshirt? “It’s still up in the air.”
24. “Developmental practice” at Arkansas - Razorbacks looking to the future.
25. Arkansas will start building a $25 million basketball practice facility next month.
26. Was Kentucky’s loss last night the best thing that ever happened for the team?
27. Approximately 70 NBA scouts and executives were in Chicago last night.
28. Early verdict on Tennessee? Free-throws and defense need work.
29. In case you missed it, here’s our roundup of Tuesday night SEC basketball.
|Post Comments »||One Comment|