1. Suspended Vanderbilt wide receiver Chris Boyd is due in court Friday.
2. In defense of Jadeveon Clowney: “To expect perfection every snap from a 20-year-old, no matter how athletically gifted, is to expect the unattainable.”
3. Between his time at LSU and Alabama, Nick Saban is 15-2 when facing a team a year after losing to them.
4. Jimbo Fisher, Will Muschamp and Derek Dooley were in the room when Kevin Sumlin interviewed for Nick Saban’s LSU staff back in 2002.
5. Matt Hayes on the “Johnny Cam” Saturday: “And you people wonder why college athletes have an entitled attitude.”
6. Mark Bradley on Alabama-Texas A&M: “I think Alabama wins in College Station without undue stress.”
7. Gene Stallings on the comparisons between AJ McCarron and Johnny Manziel: ”A good question would be if you could just have one of them, which one would you take? That’s not a question I’m going to answer.”
8. Big question for Alabama – will the Tide see better play from the offensive line?
9. Behind the obvious Aggies-Crimson Tide matchup – you know what the second-most bet game is this weekend? If you guessed Kentucky-Louisville, you’re right.
10. Kentucky-Louisville and the battle for…Ohio?
11. Former Georgia quarterback David Greene on Aaron Murray: “It’s unfair how guys get labeled, because, honestly, a quarterback’s play doesn’t always correlate to a win.”
12. Auburn quarterback Nick Marshall saw improvement in his play from Week 1 to Week 2: ”Yeah I made some improvement, but there’s still room to get better.”
13. Arkansas quarterback Brandon Allen struggled in second half last week. Offensive coordinator Jim Chaney: Allen was“pressing a little bit.”
14. Debate question: Is LSU a SEC title contender?
15. Message to South Carolina fans following the loss to Georgia: “Don’t buy those Music City Bowl tickets just yet.”
16. South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier on two assistants caught on camera screaming at each other: “We hashed it out. They know we’re not going to have any more of that.”
17. Could Vanderbilt wide receiver Jordan Matthews be headed for a big weekend? South Carolina’s secondary has some injury issues.
18. With Rajion Neal and Marlin Lane, Tennessee is establishing an effective tailback tandem.
19. Missouri coach Gary Pinkel wants his Tigers to play Kansas every year in Kansas City.
20. Unclear if Auburn’s Dee Ford and Justin Garrett will be available for Mississippi State.
21. With Mississippi State starting guard Justin Malone out for the season with a broken foot, Ben Beckwith gets a chance to play on the Bulldogs offensive line.
22. South Carolina center Cody Waldrop ”very doubtful” to play Saturday – planning to see specialist about his sprained foot.
23. Texas A&M is focusing on tempo in practice as it prepares for Alabama. ”We know it got on their nerves last year.”
24. Aggies safety Floyd Raven has a collar bone injury -won’t play Saturday.
25. Ole Miss wide receiver Vince Sanders has been out since camp started with a broken collarbone. He may play against Texas.
26. Texas quarterback David Ash hasn’t been ruled for the Ole Miss game but he didn’t practice Tuesday.
27. How is Tennessee getting ready for Oregon? By listening to the Ducks fight song.
28. Georgia receiver Malcolm Mitchell had ACL surgery Tuesday - expected to apply for a medical redshirt.
29. After giving up 68 points and 921 yards in the first two games, Georgia gets an off-week to fine-tune its defense.
30. Missouri also gets a bye week to get healthy – linebacker Kentrell Brothers and cornerback E.J. Gaines banged up.
31. Florida quarterback Jeff Driskel not the only Gator hurt - “UF’s injury list is long and rather significant.” Most should be back for the Tennessee game.
32. Booster T. Boone Pickens responds to Sports Illustrated’s investigation into the Oklahoma State program.
33. Coach Les Miles left Oklahoma State for LSU in 2004. Former A.D. Skip Bertman: “We did an extensive background check on a personal basis…Nothing showed in terms of NCAA issues – nothing.”
34. Football on Yom Kippur: What’s a Bama Jew To Do?