November 24th, 2013 11:30 AM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Jordan Matthews, Ole Miss, Pinkel Tigers, Quarterback Patton Robinette, Southeastern Conference, UT, Video Highlights
1. Vanderbilt rallies with 12-play, 92-yard drive. Quarterback Patton Robinette scores touchdown with 16 seconds left.
2. Crucial call gives Vanderbilt a first down in the last minute. ”This is Tennessee football, where defeat sometimes is yanked from the jaws of victory.”
3. UT defensive tackle Daniel Hood: “We went from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows.”
4. By the beginning of the fourth quarter, Vanderbilt had lost its entire starting secondary to injuries or ejections.
5. Vanderbilt wide receiver Jordan Matthews sets the record for the most catches in SEC history. Caught 13 passes Saturday night for 133 yards.
6. Tennessee’s bowl hopes eliminated with loss. ”Clad in gray, the Volunteers again came up one play here or there short of finishing the victory.”
Missouri 24 – Ole Miss 10. Video Highlights
7. 10-1 Tigers one win away from heading to SEC Championship Game. Wide receiver L’Damian Washington: “We want to be a part of history.”
8. Joe Strauss: “The Tigers imposed themselves in ways inconceivable during their 2012 debut in the Southeastern Conference.”
9. Joe Walljasper: “On a chilly November night in the South, Pinkel’s Tigers delivered a definitive statement: They are not who we thought they were.”
10. Gary Pinkel becomes only second Missouri coach to reach 100 wins at the school.
11. Missed opportunities for Ole Miss. Just three points in three trips to the Red Zone.
12. Representatives from five bowls on hand Saturday night in Oxford.
|Post Comments »||Comments (27)|