September 14th, 2013 09:30 AM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Alex Collins, Jalen Whitlow, Jonathan Williams, Southern Miss
1. Is this rivalry game in danger of ending after the current contract runs out in 2016?
2. Today’s game marks the beginning of a brutal stretch of games for Kentucky – four straight against top-20 teams.
3. Kentucky’s quarterback tandem of Max Smith and Jalen Whitlow rotated in and out 13 times in the first half last week – expect more of the same today.
Southern Miss at Arkansas
4. Razorbacks want to run the ball and control the clock. Southern Miss is yet another no-huddle offense.
5. Just how good has the running back duo of Alex Collins and Jonathan Williams been so far? Collins leads the conference in rushing and Williams is third.
6. Southern Miss is the team that current Auburn defensive coordinator Ellis Johnson led to an 0-12 season a year ago.
Tennessee at Oregon
7. Tennessee is on a 16-game losing streak against ranked opponents. Last time they won against a ranked team, Lane Kiffin was the coach.
8. Expectations for the Vols? ”A close defeat would be commendable. A win over the Ducks? Jones might have a street named after him in Knoxville before the team’s flight even lands back in town.”
9. Should Alabama lose today at Texas A&M today, Oregon is looking at this game as a chance to vault to No. 1 in the polls. (We’ll have out Gameday Links for Alabama/A&M coming up next).
|Post Comments »||No Comments|