September 13th, 2013 12:31 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Auburn, CBS, Isaiah Golden, Johnny Cam It, Luther Davis, NCAA, Nick Saban, SEC
1. Status of Texas A&M defensive tackle Isaiah Golden uncertain. His two-month old daughter died suddenly this week.
2. Was Alabama’s bye week before this game by design? Not according to Nick Saban.
3. Watch the turnover battle Saturday. In last year’s game, no turnovers for the Aggies, three for the Crimson Tide.
4. Gary Danielson on last year’s game: “(Alabama coach Nick Saban) tried to make too many changes, they were too excited, they over-substituted.”
5. Alabama is the favorite but here are five reasons why Texas A&M will win. One of them is the offensive line – “A&M’s starting five is as good as any in the country.” Aggies wide receivers are pretty good as well.
6. Stewart Mandel says A&M’s defense is an unknown factor - “fans have yet to see it.”
7. Matt Hayes: “For some, about the only good coming from this game is they’re both from the SEC — and that means one of these two will lose…”
8. CBS official on the Johnny Cam: “It’s not there to put Johnny in a negative light. We want to show the good and the bad.”
9. Of the 10 most-hyped games in the past decade – where does this one rank?
10. A most-interesting graphical preview of the game.
11. Jadeveon Clowney and the premature fuss over his play. At the end of the year, no one will remember his start.
12. College, high school, even little league - South Carolina wide receiver Nick Jones has always had Marcus Lattimore as a teammate – until this season.
13. Carolina’s defense will have to contend with wide receiver Jordan Matthews. Leads the SEC in catches and receiving yards.
15. Tempo also a big focus at Kentucky. Last week, UK had an average of 3.03 snaps per minute in the first half.
16. What does the Texas game mean for Ole Miss? Coach Hugh Freeze: “It’s a measuring stick for us as to where we are right now.”
17. With Tennessee a big underdog at Oregon this weekend, here’s a look back at some of the greatest upsets in program history.
18. Despite underdog status, Vols are confident. Tackle Ja’Wuan James: “All we know is we’re the only people who think we’re going to win.”
19. Why LSU shouldn’t overlook Kent State. For some players, it’s a chance to crack the starting lineup. Les Miles also wants to give backup quarterback Anthony Jennings some snaps.
20. Southern Miss has turned the ball over NCAA-high 10 times in two games. Arkansas defensive end Trey Flowers: “So we’ve got to make it 15 in 3.”
21. Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray on running back Todd Gurley: “Watching film on him, he’s by far in my opinion…the best player in the country.”
22. Despite injuries along the offensive line, Florida still expected to redshirt freshman Roderick Johnson.
23. Can Jeff Driskel return Florida to its golden age of quarterback play?
24. SI.com’s Part 4 on the Oklahoma State program. This one’s about sex and hostess program group. ”Group underwent a significant transformation after Miles replaced Bob Simmons in late 2000.”
25. One of three agents implicated in the Yahoo! Sports report is Alabama alum John Phillips.
26. Middle man Luther Davis could face potential criminal prosecution in Mississippi.
27. Failing to register as an agent in Alabama is a felony charge.
28. New book says Missouri’s tutoring program for athletes was a “sexually charged environment.”
29. Players can now receive game balls without being worried about NCAA persecution.
|Post Comments »||Comments (19)|