February 16th, 2014 12:25 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Auburn, John Cohen, Kalvaraz Bessent, Michael Sam
1. Tim Sullivan: “The fact is that hurry-up/no-huddle offense levels a playing field that some people would prefer remain tilted.”
2. Duke coach David Cutcliffe: “All of the coaches that I have spoken with, and there have been numerous, we felt blindsided by this.”
3. Hugh Kellenberger: “You would never know it’s the middle of February by all the commotion college football stirred up this week.”
4. Cecil Hurt: “There has been effusive commentary blaming the rule on one individual: Nick Saban.”
5. Charges may have been droppped against Auburn signee Kalvaraz Bessent but an Auburn official Saturday said coach Gus Malzahn is still gathering information on the situation,
6. Alabama freshman Shaun Dion Hamilton was an AAU basketball teammate of five-star linebacker signee Rashaan Evans.
7. Auburn fan in Tennessee gets a “Kick6″ license plate.
8. Mark Richt’s son is joining the Georgia staff.
9. Kentucky linebacker Avery Williamson’s playing days in college are over, but he’s still having an impact on younger players.
10. Mississippi State baseball coach John Cohen helped bring football coach Dan Mullen to the school. The two men have bonded ever since.
11. Former President Bill Clinton along with former Arkansas coaches Nolan Richardson and Eddie Sutton were honored at halftime of the game against LSU on Saturday.
12. Protests greeted with counter-protest. “We Are All CoMoSexuals.”
13. Missouri defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski: “Our team was able to move past it and work together. Why shouldn’t a bunch of NFL players be able to?”
14. Sam and the Missouri football team accept the Cotton Bowl Trophy at halftime of Saturday’s Mizzou-Tennessee basketball game.
|Post Comments »||Comments (30)|