December 8th, 2010 04:29 PM║ Posted By: MrSEC.com ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Arkansas, Florida, Mississippi State
Tags: Gary Patterson, Jim Harbaugh, RAM, Urban Meyer
Time for some stream of consciousness on the Urban Meyer front:
1. My apologies to our radio partners, but I’ll not be able to pop on this afternoon for any radio hits. Working the Meyer story and preparing for CSS’ “SportsNite.”
2. You can catch my ugly mug on… CSS “SportsNite” tonight. They’ll likely have plenty of coverage of the Urban Meyer 6pm press conference, too. Brady Ackerman (CSS and Gainesville radio host) is involved in the presser.
3. Whether or not the presser will actually hit at straight-up 6pm is anyone’s guess.
4. Thanks for your patience. We just threw another block of RAM on the fire here at MrSEC.com Headquarters. And traffic-driven crashes should be short-lived.
5. Also thanks for your understanding. Josh and I have been pounding at the keys quickly and the occasional typo is made. No time to do double-checks.
6. The Gainesville Sun is listing everyone under the sun — appropriately enough — as potential Meyer replacements: Dan Mullen, Jon Gruden, Bob Stoops, Jim Harbaugh, Bobby Petrino, Kevin Summerlin, and Gary Patterson.
7. Okay, not everyone under the sun. A number of radio outlets in Florida are saying that Charlie Strong is also a contender for the job. I’ve spoken to one person in Gainesville this afternoon who believes Strong is more of a fallback candidate than a front-runner. Strong has just been named the Co-Coach of the Year in the Big East for his first year’s work at Louisville.
8. This writer for The Louisville Courier-Journal believes Strong/Mullen chatter will be loud.
9. No, Arkansas fans, I do not believe Petrino will wind up in Gainesville. However, he’s one of three coaches to have taken two different schools to BCS bowl games. All coaches like money. Don’t be surprised if his agent drops his name into the rumor mill in order to drive up his price in Fayetteville.
|Post Comments »||One Comment|