March 15th, 2013 02:30 PM║ Posted By: MrSEC.com ║ Permalink
Tags: Jacob Pugh, Jermaine Roberts, Jhamahl Bell, Joseph Paul, Leonard Fournette, Treyvon Paulk
1. Quite a week for Tennessee as the Vols appear to have another commitment. Alpharetta, Georgia running back Treyvon Paulk tweeted today he’s coming to Knoxville
— Treyvon Paulk (@TreyPaulk1) March 15, 2013
The news of Paulk’s commitment comes a day after running back Jalen Hurd, considered the best prospect in Tennessee, committed to the Vols. That’s now five commitments in six days for coach Butch Jones, an indication of how he’s changing perceptions of the program.
2. New Orleans running back Leonard Fournette is considered by many the top prize in the class of 2014. He’s got some talented teammates as well. One of those teammates, defensive back Jermaine Roberts, has moved Alabama to No. 1 on his list. ”I’ll say the biggest thing that stood out about them was just how big the players are there.” Roberts, Fournette and offensive lineman Joseph Paul visited Alabama on Thursday.
3. Tallahassee, Florida linebacker Jacob Pugh has a top five that includes three SEC programs; Georgia, Kentucky and Alabama. He recently took a visit to Tuscaloosa. ”I liked the campus, the education, the coaches — most of all, the football,” he said. “I like the way Alabama uses their (pass rushers.)”
4. Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Tennessee and now Auburn have the same message for Florence, Alabama quarterback Kendrick Doss - he’s a “perfect fit.” He’s visited the campuses of all four. They all told me the same thing. They told me I was the face of the program.” Doss is a duel-threat quarterback on track to graduate high school in December.
5. One of the top prospects in the state of Arkansas had the chance to call the Hogs last weekend. Warren, Arkansas lineman Jhamahl Bell was in attendance at the Razorbacks last regular season basketball game. ”That was my first time being there live and doing it. It was cool, very cool. The second time I got it down pretty well.”
6. With Tony Barbee’s status up in the air at Auburn, what’s the impact on recruiting? Missisippi All-Star TreShawn Bolden says a Barbee departure would eliminate Auburn. ”He’s a great coach. I would love to play for him.”
7. South Carolina coach Frank Martin will try to fill three more slots in the class of 2014. Martin already has one commitment - point guard Marcus Stroman of Columbia.
8. Kentucky coach John Calipari was on hand this week to watch Christ Presbyterian Academy’s Jalen Lindsey in a Tennessee state quarterfinal game. Kentucky hasn’t offered Lindsey a scholarship yet but Tennessee has. “I have a lot of respect for Coach (Cuonzo) Martin and all those guys. They keep up with me, and I have a lot of respect for those guys.” Lindsey, a 6-foot-7 forward, has been offered by approximately 20 schools.
|Post Comments »||Comments (2)|