September 23rd, 2013 09:30 AM║ Posted By: Josh Ward ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Jeremy Hill, LSU, SEC
1. What’s going on with Alabama’s running game? Andrew Gribble takes a look after the Crimson Tide’s lackluster win over Colorado State.
2. Here’s an early look at what Alabama will see when it faces Ole Miss on Saturday.
3. Auburn’s defense “just got whipped” trying to stop LSU running back Jeremy Hill.
4. What went wrong for Arkansas against Rutgers on Saturday? Here’s a look back.
5. ESPN’s latest bowl projections have the SEC landing 11 postseason bids.
6. Randy Rosetta has some thoughts on LSU coming out of the Tigers’ 35-21 win over Auburn.
7. Mississippi State plans to have Tyler Russell back at quarterback against LSU on Oct. 5. “Tyler’s still our starter,” coach Dan Mullen said.
8. Texas A&M’s defense showed encouraging signs in the Aggies’ win over SMU on Saturday.
9. Florida coach Will Muschamp wasn’t surprised to see QB Tyler Murphy play well against Tennessee when he replaced Jeff Driskel.
10. Kentucky coach Mark Stoops is a mature guy but he still likes to have fun.
11. Tennessee quarterback Justin Worley “was just a little more poised” than starter Nate Peterman, according to running back Rajion Neal.
12. “Don’t sleep on Missouri,” writes ESPN’s Greg Ostendorf.
13. Missouri is up to No. 9 in Athlon Sports’ latest SEC power rankings. See the full list here.
14. Senior wide receiver Jonathan Krause might be emerging as a second option to No. 1 receiver Jordan Matthews.
15. There’s very little to report with the national polls after a lackluster weekend in college football.
16. We’ll know a lot more about LSU after the Tigers play Georgia on Saturday, writes Matt Hayes.
17. Auburn wide receiver Jaylon Denson is likely out for the season with a torn patellar tendon.
18. Tennessee is the lone SEC team to makes this week’s Misery Index, by Dan Wolken.
19. Stanford showed how good it can be in its win over Arizona State.
20. Stewart Mandel resets the conference races four weeks into the college football season.
21. Baylor’s offense continues to look great. The Bears beat Louisiana-Monroe 70-7 on Saturday.
Update — The SEC has named its players of the week and LSU running back Jeremy Hill is one of them.
|Post Comments »||One Comment|